Join Today

Thread: 19T oil seals

This user has no status
    Thanks

19T oil seals

Hi All,

Need to take my 19T off and renew oil seals soon, has anyone done it before, was gunna have a crack at taking it off myself, but just need a bit of advice if anyone has done it before.

Also, where do you think is best place to get them done? I am based in Leeds, West yorkshire, of and of course, any idea of cost?

Thanks in advance,

Craig
    My awesome 855 Gone but never forgotton.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

This user has no status

Thanks
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PNuT For This Useful Post:

cragmaz (Monday 8th March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I've done my 15g and looking at the pics linked to it much the same (I believe the cores are all the same anyway) . It really isn't a hard job just make sure everything is clean, clean, clean !

This user has no status
    Thanks
    gonna be doing this job soon, but am replacing compressor wheel with 16t one, as current is 13g. really looking foward to it, just gotta find a dishwasher now lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Wealth Doctor View Post
    gonna be doing this job soon, but am replacing compressor wheel with 16t one, as current is 13g. really looking foward to it, just gotta find a dishwasher now lol
    HMMMMM, using dishwasher,..........dont think that`ll go down right well in our house somehow. lol

C.

currently cruising (Hmmmm) in my S.60 2.0T, with mild mods, and a RICA remap. very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Make sure you get the right kit, 16T has a superback compressor wheel, and needs the shorter "flinger"
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post
    Make sure you get the right kit, 16T has a superback compressor wheel, and needs the shorter "flinger"
    cheers Bomb well saved lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Think i`ll give it a miss doing the seals myself, looks tricky, and wunt be too confident at doing it, just gunna remove it and send it to a decent turbo shop to get it done.

Can anybody reccomend one in west yorkshire area, did find a decent one in wakefield some months ago, but forgot their name! DUUUURRRR!

C

This user has no status
    Thanks
    dont spose you'd know where id find the right kit?

New Identity
    Thanks
    Depends on how much you want to spend. I've bought two kits in the past, first one was from a company in the uk called RA Designs and was a basic rebuild kit (minimum parts required for rebuild, and you have to let them know whether its superback or flatback) though I paid £39+delivery at the time

http://www.store2go.net/shop/radesig...r+rebuild+kit/

And the second kit I bought off ebay from a seller in Japan, had a few more parts in it (again specify flatback or superback) took two weeks to arrive but got away with the import tax, and the parcel was tracked.

Non-genuine kit
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Rebuild-...item1e5946e832

The non-genuine kits the seller supplies are from Kamak (was on the box when it arrived), not sure if they're available elsewhere cheaper http://www.kamakdynamics.com/

or Genuine Mitsu kit from the same seller (will have a few more parts in it)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-TD0...item1e5920b829

or different seller
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Mitsub...item5639c2aee0

Genuine kits are recommended (just like genuine volvo parts)

I couldn't find anywhere else in the UK on the internet that sells them, though there are probably a few companies that will be able to supply one. I did try one place in Birmingham, but the guy was not very helpful and said that they wouldn't sell the kit to me, but would be able to recon it for me, then when I pushed him for the kit he said he'd ask the boss and call me back but didn't.

HTH

Bomb
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Monday 8th March 2010 at 23:25.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

cragmaz (Tuesday 9th March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Depends on how much you want to spend. I've bought two kits in the past, first one was from a company in the uk called RA Designs and was a basic rebuild kit (minimum parts required for rebuild, and you have to let them know whether its superback or flatback) though I paid £39+delivery at the time

http://www.store2go.net/shop/radesig...r+rebuild+kit/

And the second kit I bought off ebay from a seller in Japan, had a few more parts in it (again specify flatback or superback) took two weeks to arrive but got away with the import tax, and the parcel was tracked.

Non-genuine kit
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Rebuild-...item1e5946e832

The non-genuine kits the seller supplies are from Kamak (was on the box when it arrived), not sure if they're available elsewhere cheaper http://www.kamakdynamics.com/

or Genuine Mitsu kit from the same seller (will have a few more parts in it)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-TD0...item1e5920b829

or different seller
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Mitsub...item5639c2aee0

Genuine kits are recommended (just like genuine volvo parts)

I couldn't find anywhere else in the UK on the internet that sells them, though there are probably a few companies that will be able to supply one. I did try one place in Birmingham, but the guy was not very helpful and said that they wouldn't sell the kit to me, but would be able to recon it for me, then when I pushed him for the kit he said he'd ask the boss and call me back but didn't.

HTH

Bomb
    woh! i just cancel my order after seeing the price of the first kit, is it genuine kit?

New Identity
    Thanks
    First kit isn't genuine AFAIK, there wasn't even a name on it. Had a good service from them, and even offered to exchange the flinger for the flatback (I ordered the wrong kit) but in the end I bought another kit as I wanted the other flinger for my 16T

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cheers you've saved me a couple of quids there buddy

Thread Information