Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    i think my old man must be getting soft, he let me fit his reverse parking sensors which includes taking the bumper off & drilling holes in it lol. I tell you something tho, never work with kids or parents lol. Took a few hours to do but still moaning now that the corner is 1mm out of line, tried telling him its an 8year old car & probably like that before but you'll never win lol. The job was made alot easier thanks to Volvo marking the sensor positions inside the bumper. They work very well so not sure now whether to go for a camera, the reverse sensors or both on Bonny

2. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Sunday 1st August 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I find having a camera is far more reassuring than a box of electronics.

Beware the short hidden post or jaggy boulder. They will eat the car!

Fitted my camera just under the hadle/plate light bar as it can be removed & it's not a big obvious item.

I'm currently considering an upgrade to the camera as the first one I've fitted was a bit bulky & not very great on the resolution.

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Sunday 1st August 2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebadger View Post
    I find having a camera is far more reassuring than a box of electronics.

Beware the short hidden post or jaggy boulder. They will eat the car!

Fitted my camera just under the hadle/plate light bar as it can be removed & it's not a big obvious item.

I'm currently considering an upgrade to the camera as the first one I've fitted was a bit bulky & not very great on the resolution.
    yeh thats the same place i was thinking of putting it, just need to get round to ordering one lol. Defo having a camera but was thinking of the sensors as well

my old man managed to reverse into a postbox in his old Saab becuase it was right between the sensors so neither picked it up lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Pedro, how easy was it to get the bumper off, can you do a "how to" if you do it again please mate.

I need to replace the grey trim on the top of the bumper, but im not to sure if its a bumper off job, or will it just peel off???
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liddo View Post
    Pedro, how easy was it to get the bumper off, can you do a "how to" if you do it again please mate.

I need to replace the grey trim on the top of the bumper, but im not to sure if its a bumper off job, or will it just peel off???
    Are you sure the grey trim is seperate, i don't remember seeing any splits in the cover when we were working on the inside of it? It looked all one piece

Any way, heres how to remove it

• Remove the battery & spare wheel from the boot. Still in the boot looking at the rear panel there is a foam sound deadening pad stuck to it, pull this off. Under that pad there are 4 x 13mm bolts which are sunk into holes so you can't see the heads, be carefull because you don't want to drop them into the panel.
    • inside each wheel arch you've got 3 pop-rivets to drill out, theirs another one underneath as well. Still in the wheel arch there is a small torx between 2 of the pop-rivets, it might be hidden under mud but there is a gap in the arch lining to hint where it is. Undo this screw 5-6 turns (don't not fully remove it) & push the screw in so it sits flush. This pushes a plastic bracket away that is clamping the bumper ends into place
    • the bumper is now loose, as you pull the bumper rearwards to remove it only pull the drivers side corner away a few inches so you can get your hand between the bumper & panel to unplug the aerial.
    • as the naff Heinz manual says refitting is reverse procedure, remembering to plug the aerial back in first & to tighten the torx screws in the arches up last

hope that helps, if not let me know & i'll try & give more detail

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Cheers fella, much appreciated. Will order the part from Rufe and see how it attaches. It MUST come apart somehow, as I can order the part!

Fingers crossed
    Thankyou, Goodnight....much love

Thread Information