Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Finally fitted ipd antiroll bar!!! woo hooo

This was a beast of a job, and i do not recommend doing it outside on a gravel drive, this job calls for a pit ramp, or at least a nice flat gravel free garage. ah well old jacket to lie on and many many hours and swear words later, my car now turns like a scooby, well nearly, its tight as a bankers wallet now. and ive still got the back to do, and ipd top mounts, cant wait. should be a doddle in comparision. basically if you own an 850 and are gonna tune it, the ipd arb kit is what makes biggest difference to handling. its awesome to say the least, thankyou all who surgested this arb kit.
    current mods
    ipd roll bar
    ipd drop links
    strutt brace
    reverse flow intercooler pipe work
    jetex twin exhaust
    mbc and boost gauge
    forge twin dv
    4core 10mm racing leads
    powerflex top tie bar mounts and gearbox tie mountings
    bilstien b4 on front nivomats on back standard springs all round
    and soon to be fitted rear ipd arb and ipd top spring seats.

in the pipe line is me7 manifold, 16t turbo, blue injectors, 100 cell race cat,
    remap.... and then after all that, i may finally get around to sorting the sound system out, lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mental Wealth Doctor For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Tuesday 2nd March 2010)

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    I had the good sense to let Hamish fit mine in the relative warm and comfort of a garage. Make sure you get clearance on the brakelines on the rear - there was an issue with mine on the rear IPD ARB on the C70.

Its a great mod if not a little pricy once imported.

Enjoy the ride.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wobbly Dave For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Tuesday 2nd March 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    IPD Rear Rollbar is a great modification for the S40/V50/C70 - must make a big difference on the other models too.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Excellent matey!!! Has the ride comfort changed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    Make sure you get clearance on the brakelines on the rear - there was an issue with mine on the rear IPD ARB on the C70.
    Its an AWD dave, so shouldn't be a problem as the brakelines ar away from the arb.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Mine is on the way (I hope, Don at Kalmar you are a nice chap but quick off the blocks you are not - on this one anyway).
    Think this will be a job for the garage (front bar) but will probably manage drop-lnks - the enfeebled ancient that I am.
    Looking forward to it all being on.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomb192uk View Post
    Excellent matey!!! Has the ride comfort changed at all?

sits amazingly flat on the front now, think some R seats are needed, coz you can really throw it about, still comfy as ever just much more taught, need to do the back now, and the top spring mounts on front need to be changed coz there scam tech, recon there starting to break [after about six months] particuarly because of the extra stress from harder cornering ability,

found poly bushes but chap was saying 200 quid delivered, {from sweden}
    sounded bit rich to me for bushes????
    {it is the same as the c70 4 bolt type of wishbone}

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Thanks for the info on ride comfort matey, will deffo look into getting a set (when funds allow LOL)

The 4 bolt wishbones were also used on the the 850/x70 R, AWD, diesel and police models. Fitting poly bushes might be a bit of a pain as the rubber bush and bar are quite solid in the wishbone.
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Thursday 4th March 2010 at 19:28.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Wealth Doctor View Post
    This was a beast of a job, and i do not recommend doing it outside on a gravel drive, this job calls for a pit ramp, or at least a nice flat gravel free garage. ah well old jacket to lie on and many many hours and swear words later, my car now turns like a scooby, well nearly, its tight as a bankers wallet now. and ive still got the back to do, and ipd top mounts, cant wait. should be a doddle in comparision. basically if you own an 850 and are gonna tune it, the ipd arb kit is what makes biggest difference to handling. its awesome to say the least, thankyou all who surgested this arb kit.
    current mods
    ipd roll bar
    ipd drop links
    strutt brace
    jetex twin exhaust
    mbc and boost gauge
    forge twin dv
    4core 10mm racing leads

remap.... and then after all that, i may finally get around to sorting the sound system out, lol
    where did you get the ipd arb kit from m8

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    current mods
    ipd roll bar
    ipd drop links
    strutt brace
    jetex twin exhaust
    mbc and boost gauge
    forge twin dv
    4core 10mm racing leads

well i hope to see you at avon or york then mate well done

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leet5r View Post
    where did you get the ipd arb kit from m8
    parts for volvos mate

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    well i hope to see you at avon or york then mate well done
    yeh look foward to seeing you too bud
    thats a good bit of encouragement to get the last few niggles sorted, and finish the volv, have to make an appointment with Hamish me thinks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    yeh look foward to seeing you too bud
    thats a good bit of encouragement to get the last few niggles sorted, and finish the volv, have to make an appointment with Hamish me thinks
    thats a good idea mate hamish is very good.

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Nice one mate that's a lot of work been done, how much power you thinking of putting through your gearbox?(it is an awd?) also no need for blue injectors just get your orange ones reconed work great on mine i got 5 you can borrow.
    Let me know if your going to HLM i might pop down or see you at avon its good to get a bench mark fig then you can see how much the more engine mods make a difference
    Cheers

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

your mars a welder

Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    Nice one mate that's a lot of work been done, how much power you thinking of putting through your gearbox?(it is an awd?) also no need for blue injectors just get your orange ones reconed work great on mine i got 5 you can borrow.
    Let me know if your going to HLM i might pop down or see you at avon its good to get a bench mark fig then you can see how much the more engine mods make a difference
    Cheers
    still gotta do that oil return from turbo, and do a general refurb of hoses and seals... ive got some blues sorted for the car now but cheers James, bigger must be better aint it. and i still gotta do catch tank, but once all niggles are ironed out, with a 16t, ported me7, blues, race cat and remap, aiming for about 280-300, but as you say gonna have to be careful with the awd gear. recon 280 will be sound though. and hopefully enough to keep my foot happy. lol

Jim
    Thanks
    still gotta do that oil return from turbo, and do a general refurb of hoses and seals... ive got some blues sorted for the car now but cheers James, bigger must be better aint it. and i still gotta do catch tank, but once all niggles are ironed out, with a 16t, ported me7, blues, race cat and remap, aiming for about 280-300, but as you say gonna have to be careful with the awd gear. recon 280 will be sound though. and hopefully enough to keep my foot happy. lol

Hi mate, blues.. im running refubed orange's at 1.2 bar on a 16t with 456 n/m and 269 whp 288 bhp and im still over-fueling a touch in the mid range, as for the race cat good idea big difference

This user has no status
    Thanks
    dont know what to do now, blues or oranges????????????
    James are you saying it may be over kill with blues?
    even with Hamish on the job?

my thoughts were if ever i get bored i can take the transfer box out and keep tuning, blues having more capacity seemed like a good option

Jim
    Thanks
    dont know what to do now, blues or oranges????????????
    James are you saying it may be over kill with blues?
    even with Hamish on the job?

my thoughts were if ever i get bored i can take the transfer box out and keep tuning, blues having more capacity seemed like a good option
    Basically mate yes, depends on how far you want to go with the engine/power but for what your talking about 16t etc i would get the oranges refurbed by Jimathan on here they come back as new(£48) and ive not had any fueling issues at all.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    Basically mate yes, depends on how far you want to go with the engine/power but for what your talking about 16t etc i would get the oranges refurbed by Jimathan on here they come back as new(£48) and ive not had any fueling issues at all.
    pm'd
    Did the back today was a piece of pis, in comparison to the front, well chuffed, even tighter and flater, thinking maybe gonna have to get some elbach or h&r, or is that gonna ruin the ride comfort?

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    I had the good sense to let Hamish fit mine in the relative warm and comfort of a garage. Make sure you get clearance on the brakelines on the rear - there was an issue with mine on the rear IPD ARB on the C70.

Its a great mod if not a little pricy once imported.

Enjoy the ride.
    I think I can do the rear bar, but the front on the 850 looks more than a man with no garage and only axle stands and a trolley jack on his own could sensibly manage. So I have the bars - but...
    Can't seem to find anyone willing to fit front for less than about £250!!! So any ideas welcomed - SE London/North Kent area would be good.
    Those of you familiar with this will know it involves dropping rear of subframe, steering rack, etc etc.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Thread Information