Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Fuel Filler Cap won't open

Hi,

Volvo V70R AWD

The Fuel Filler cap won't open. I've had a quick trawl of the forum and I suspect there might be a manual release cable somewhere, but I can't find it (I've taken the rear light access cover off).

Has the V70 got a manual release? If so, whereabouts is it? If not, is there a workaround?

Thanks

Gimli

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    It maybe a stupid question (famous last words) but did you take the key out of the ignition before you tried to open it?

I had a problem when I first got Christine, pulled into filling station and couldn't open flap. Fiddled around with it until Mrs PA said try removing key from ignition. I did and the pin retracted and the flap opened.

I had it cured by a really helpful petrol thief who forced the flap and broke the loop that the bolt slides into. So I'm looking for a new flap.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had my drivers door card off with all the electric switches removed when i went to get fuel..I also couldnt get the flap open,so i looked behind the rear side panel where the pull cord should be but there wasnt one, so i came home and re-fitted the door switch before going back for fuel.
    My 855s had one but it appears the v70r doesnt.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I've tried every combination of key in/out ignition on/off and turning round thrice before throwing salt over my shoulder. I am getting close to the point where the Voices will tell me it's time to start Cleaning The Guns.

One other oddity, is that the passenger-side central locking works but instantaneously unlocks - even removing/dis-connecting the driver-side window-control panel entirely. However, when connected, the driver-side central locking doesn't work (the windows do). I also can't hear the tailgate opening relay click either (the tailgate doesn't quite close properly, so I can still open it).

It's beginning to sound as if there is relay gone astray somewhere ...

Gimli

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    you can access it if you remover the drivers side boot trim and you will have to manually move the motor as there is no pull cord its easily done just feel for the motor

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    you can access it if you remover the drivers side boot trim and you will have to manually move the motor as there is no pull cord its easily done just feel for the motor
    Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I can't locate the motor as it appears to be hidden behind the wheel arch and I can't find a way in. Do I have to remove any further panels or approach it in any particular

Gimli

This user has no status

Thanks
    I took the driver-side window control unit apart, muttered a few incantations over it and put it back. Filler cap now open ... and staying that way!

Thanks for the replies.

Gimli

Thread Information