Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Post your easy mods for the S60

As the title sugests Post any easy mods or upgrades for the S60.
    Im just gathering info really as to what can be upgraded or added.
    For example i have added parking sensors and a HID kit to mine and if anyone wants a how to i will gladly post one.
    I have the base S model without climate etc. Has anyone retro fitted this (can it be done without selling a kidney) or even retro fitted an auto dipping mirror.
    Any Mods that can make the car a nicer place to be are more than welcome.
    Your probably thinking why not just get an SE. Well i am quite attached to my car and its mint with 49K on the clock so i would be gutted to get rid of it and buy another car that could be on its last legs.
    On my old mondeo mk3 you could retro fit just about anything from trip computer to full climate control.
    Are there any hidden gems on these Volvo's.?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It is possible to retro-fit items from the SE model, however, it can be an very expensive game. Because the Phase 2 cars have alot of computer controlled functions, this can be the biggest hurdle to overcome.
    As for auto-dipping mirror, I'm not sure, but the side mirrors can be changed to the new sleeker ones. Dials can be changed, although this is rather expensive.
    It looks like you already have newer style alloys, but thats a common upgrade.
    If you can find the official Volvo MP3 jukebox, it's a relitively easy install, and makes the car excellent for long journeys.
    Any other questions, please ask.

Regards.
    S60 T5.SE ¦¦ Off Black Leather ¦¦ RTI Sat Nav ¦¦ GSM Comms 2 ¦¦ TV ¦¦ Custom 'R' Blue Dials ¦¦Phatnoise-Volvo MP3 Digital Jukebox ¦¦18" Genuine Pegasus Alloys ¦¦ Continental Sport Contact 3 Tyres ¦¦ Custom 'R' Front Bumper ¦¦ RICA 310 ¦¦ 'R' Rear Lip Spoiler ¦¦ Colour Coded Trim ¦¦ '05 Sleeker Power Folding Mirrors ¦¦ HID Headlights ¦¦ Audi S6 LED Day Running Lights¦¦Now running Audi A5 3.0TDI

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    HID's & a Nokia bluetooth handsfree kit

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TomS60 View Post
    It is possible to retro-fit items from the SE model, however, it can be an very expensive game. Because the Phase 2 cars have alot of computer controlled functions, this can be the biggest hurdle to overcome.
    As for auto-dipping mirror, I'm not sure, but the side mirrors can be changed to the new sleeker ones. Dials can be changed, although this is rather expensive.
    It looks like you already have newer style alloys, but thats a common upgrade.
    If you can find the official Volvo MP3 jukebox, it's a relitively easy install, and makes the car excellent for long journeys.
    Any other questions, please ask.

Regards.
    Tell me more about the MP3 jukebox. The sound system is great but any improvment is always good. Love your car by the way. Tastefull mods.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crespo For This Useful Post:

TomS60 (Sunday 14th February 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    HID's & a Nokia bluetooth handsfree kit
    Already done HID's. Huge improvement from standard. Probably the best 50 quid i have spent on a car.
    And im already thinking about handsfree. I sold a parrot kit with my old car that i wish i had kept. So on the look out for another one.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    And im already thinking about handsfree. I sold a parrot kit with my old car that i wish i had kept. So on the look out for another one.
    tbh it was already fitted when i got it, but very impressed. Its the genuine Nokia kit which had the cradle but removed that & use the bluetooth. I haven't got the button panel so the only way you can tell its even fitted is the microphone by the interior mirror, the radio self mutes & the phone call comes thru the standard Volvo speakers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crespo View Post
    Tell me more about the MP3 jukebox. The sound system is great but any improvment is always good. Love your car by the way. Tastefull mods.
    Thanks mate!!
    MP3 Jukebox, made by Phatnoise (American company I think...do VW's too apparently)...anyway....it's a cartridge system, that plugs into a box located in the boot. You then run the cable through the car (down the gearbox tunnel is always a good one) and it plugs into the back of the H/U unless you have the RTI in which case it plugs straight into that.
    Basically then, the standard controls, control the artist, album, playlist, genre etc, and a voice reads the names out to you!!! it's quite amusing that part though!!
    (I have some pics of the install I posted a looong time ago, but can't find, so will re-post for you)
    Can be hard to find second hand, and v.expensive new!! so just keep your eyes open really!!

Tom.
    S60 T5.SE ¦¦ Off Black Leather ¦¦ RTI Sat Nav ¦¦ GSM Comms 2 ¦¦ TV ¦¦ Custom 'R' Blue Dials ¦¦Phatnoise-Volvo MP3 Digital Jukebox ¦¦18" Genuine Pegasus Alloys ¦¦ Continental Sport Contact 3 Tyres ¦¦ Custom 'R' Front Bumper ¦¦ RICA 310 ¦¦ 'R' Rear Lip Spoiler ¦¦ Colour Coded Trim ¦¦ '05 Sleeker Power Folding Mirrors ¦¦ HID Headlights ¦¦ Audi S6 LED Day Running Lights¦¦Now running Audi A5 3.0TDI

Thread Information