Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel pump

your mars a welder

Thanks

fuel pump

whats the tell tale signs that your fuel pump is on the way out,
    a was out inthe car the other day and it was running fine , i stopped to go into a shop and when i came out it would not start, the car was turning over but wasnt firing, i towed the car home and it started with a bump on the tow
    it done the same today aswell in a multi story car park ,a got the car towed home and checked to see if it was sparkin and it is and a took the fuel pipe off and it chucks the fuel out so am a bit stuck here guys , any ideas oh and the engine management light has come on and its startin okay aswell , could this be the fuel pump

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Could be muck on the fuel line before the pump or same in filter that gets pull through after a short run.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcine_Aviator View Post
    Could be muck on the fuel line before the pump or same in filter that gets pull through after a short run.
    a think it could be the crank sensor like

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    my crank sensor would start sometimes then not others before it finally gave up, it did throw the right code saying it was the sensor

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    my crank sensor would start sometimes then not others before it finally gave up, it did throw the right code saying it was the sensor
    it donee it the other day like pal but it had very little petrol in and was on a angle like so a put it down to petrol like cos it bumped straight away , me friend has a snap on code reader or what ever it is lol so fingers crossed its that , lol the looked well low on the recovery van like lol al get some pics up soon

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Mine didn't give a warning, it just went!

They are easy to change, took mine out, tapped, starting working again, last 2 days and died, it now has a good 2nd hand one.

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post

They are easy to change, took mine out, tapped, starting working again, last 2 days and died, it now has a good 2nd hand one.
    where you get the fuel pump from and how much was it

Blah Blah Blah!
    Thanks
    Got it off ebay

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/volvo-...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Spoke to him as well, nice helpful bloke, mine cost £27 delivered

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Volvostorm For This Useful Post:

leet5r (Tuesday 2nd February 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pault5estate View Post

Had two go on me on two seperate 850's and both where the same as you no warning at all just went never paid over £15 of ebay for one though.
    lee from what you are saying it would sound more like the fuel pump relay to me check to see if you can hear it clicking in when you switch the ignition on when the problem happens again. its located under the fuse box under the bonnet.
    oh and pedro we worked out it was your camshaft sensor remember not the crankshaft one lol

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by callyuk View Post
    Had two go on me on two seperate 850's and both where the same as you no warning at all just went never paid over £15 of ebay for one though.
    lee from what you are saying it would sound more like the fuel pump relay to me check to see if you can hear it clicking in when you switch the ignition on when the problem happens again. its located under the fuse box under the bonnet.
    oh and pedro we worked out it was your camshaft sensor remember not the crankshaft one lol
    dont here much m8 , some times a buzz from when the headlight wiper motor sticks , but apart from that a dont think a did hear much like , where is the fuel pump relay liek

This user has no status
    Thanks
    is under the bonnet where your fuse's are. if you lift the bonnet and stick your ear by the fuse box then turn the ignition on but dont crank it (easier if there are 2 of you) you should hear a click if not then the relay is not engaging

your mars a welder

Thanks
    is under the bonnet where your fuse's are. if you lift the bonnet and stick your ear by the fuse box then turn the ignition on but dont crank it (easier if there are 2 of you) you should hear a click if not then the relay is not engaging
    cheers bud al have a look tomo

This user has no status
    Thanks
    it is a fairly common fault on them

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine gave no warning either, just stranded the wife at the side of the road on her way to work !. Got one off GSF for about 50 quid (I was desperate) but I wasn't that impressed by the quality of it but so far (it's been a couple of weeks) it's been ok.

This user has no status
    Thanks

just get in the car,shut the door & make sure no sterio or heater etc is switched on....so its nice & quiet inside the car....
    then turn on the ignition but dont start it....you should here the faint buzz for a few seconds....thats the fuel pump...
    if you hear the buzz then the relay is working.....& you should have fuel pressure

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 stealth View Post
    just get in the car,shut the door & make sure no sterio or heater etc is switched on....so its nice & quiet inside the car....
    then turn on the ignition but dont start it....you should here the faint buzz for a few seconds....thats the fuel pump...
    if you hear the buzz then the relay is working.....& you should have fuel pressure
    cheers peps hope a get this sorted like , its okay when the cars runnin

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hi mine just went came out of friends house car would not start m8 towed me home nxt day took it out got it going, next day gone bought second hand one been fine since but would change fuel filter tho as mine was clogging which was cause of pump i think....

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    lol, you got it running again now then?

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    lol, you got it running again now then?
    yes m8 its been fine since it wouldnt start and waas fine for a week after the last time , just had the codes read like , it came back with a few but 1 of them was the camshaft sensor , so we cleared the codes and see if it does it again then we will be able to sort it out , al let you know what happens like bud

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yep all problems where down to that bloody relay at the front on top of the rad. completly burt out inside

Thread Information