Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    So why do Volvo offer the S/W?
    probably for other markets where its not against the law
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    You know I don't mean it Lee... honest!

But I would fear seeing a cop car you could* let out of a junction when you may need to flash your lights. (especially traffic)

Volvo will have a record of installing that on the car for you as the owner, so the "I didn't know officer" may get shot down in flames if you have to use it.

I've had plod stop me just because I drive a white volvo & passed two traffic cops attempting to catch speeders at the side of the road. They called a traffic car to chase after me, who then accused me of impersonating the police. (white volvo & I had a Hi-Viz in the boot, under the load cover, where I would obviously be able to whip it out & play cops & robbers!) They got nothing, but I'm still wary of them when I spot traffic!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Thursday 4th February 2010)

has no status...
    Thanks
    i appreciate its slightly off topic, but can we get a closer look of these in daylight, not seen anything like this...

2001 V70 T5 - Auto, Dark Anthracite Comets, Volvo Window blinds, ITG Panel filter, Strut bar solid bushes with powerflex top mount

Must update my sigpic ...the S60 lemon went a while ago.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richiemat For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Thursday 4th February 2010),thebadger (Wednesday 3rd February 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    It's snowing outside, so not tonight.

I'll sort a piccy out soon, but they are just basic LED strip lights (now about £7 for two on fleabay) I have 4 of them in a line (with gaps) stuck to the underside of the front splitter bar.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-8-LED-Car-...item27ae69bb10

I just used the sticky pads! They will come off some day though!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

richiemat (Wednesday 3rd February 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    In sweden the laws are proberly different! Like here for an mot you have to have 2 rear viewing mirrors! One has to be the o/s door mirror and either the rear view mirror or the n/s door mirror! The road taffic act says you have to have the rear veiw mirror! They dont they say you got to have three mirrors and be done with it!!!! Also if a car is built in Britain it has to have a full size spare,not a saver poxxy space!!! WHY!!!!!!

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    My car is in Volvo at the moment having the f/o/s shock changed (under warranty). Whilst it was in i inquired about the above software as i had read about it on V70R.com. It turns out that it does exist and is very cheap! Only £9.84 + vat.

This software flash will mean your front fogs will come on when you turn on your high beam. This includes 'flashing'. Sweet. They are doing it for me whilst my car is in.

And the Lord said..."Let there be light"!
    Sorry for swearing TC but the ££££ING dealers up here boil my nut sack!!! I went into ARNOLD CLARK ABERDEEN.

£9.84 + vat ha try £100 just to turn off my daylight running lights plus a letter from my insurance to tell them I acknowledge I'm changing my car from standard. I didnt even bother asking about having my spots on when I use full beam. And to top it off the arse hole sales men always walk past without acknowledging my existence while there on route to talk to the married couple behind me!!!!! raging just writing this.
    Last edited by volvokid; Saturday 8th May 2010 at 14:58.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dealers anywhere boil my piss, just noticed during the last extremely expensive oil change (maquerading as a service) they managed to chip the paint on my lovely Brembos. These cars are increasingly designed to make sure you are married to the bstrds, I won't make the same mistake again.

Thread Information