Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

Talking 'Front fog lights on with main beam'..software update

My car is in Volvo at the moment having the f/o/s shock changed (under warranty). Whilst it was in i inquired about the above software as i had read about it on V70R.com. It turns out that it does exist and is very cheap! Only £9.84 + vat.

This software flash will mean your front fogs will come on when you turn on your high beam. This includes 'flashing'. Sweet. They are doing it for me whilst my car is in.

And the Lord said..."Let there be light"!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Tuesday 2nd February 2010),p fandango (Tuesday 2nd February 2010),volvokid (Tuesday 2nd February 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Can you stop it doing so?

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Bob View Post
    Can you stop it doing so?
    Can i stop what, doing what?
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Where do you find out about all these little tweaks? Is there a book or is it like finding hidden levels on Supermario??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to britten_mark For This Useful Post:

Plodmonkey (Wednesday 3rd February 2010)

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    nice one i'll have to get that done, i'm going to fit HID's into the fogs as well eventually, keep threatening to get a price for the auto-door locking software as well

This user has no status

Thanks
    I think you might find that front fog light's should not beable to be on with the main beam! Could be wrong!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Does this apply to the Me7 P1 V70? I thinks its fog on with dipped beam that is not allowed... not 100% sure though!

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Will be doing this hope it works on my car, even though the spots on both our cars are pointless lol
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by britten_mark View Post
    Where do you find out about all these little tweaks? Is there a book or is it like finding hidden levels on Supermario??
    It's not what you know...it's who you know

...Anyway, don't bother with this software flash unless your car is an '05- as it does not work (as i have just found out). I still had to pay Volvo for the software and their time , much to my dismay

Just thrown £46 in the gutter. Ah well, lesson learned.

N.B. Will not work on ANY Volvo pre 2005. Trust me, i know.

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave854 View Post
    Does this apply to the Me7 P1 V70? I thinks its fog on with dipped beam that is not allowed... not 100% sure though!
    No it will not work on your car and yes fog on with dipped beam IS allowed. Just only when driving in fog or heavy rain when visibility is reduced to less than 25 meters (or what ever it is in the 'highway code book of out dated crap'!)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by castellsmith123 View Post
    I think you might find that front fog light's should not beable to be on with the main beam! Could be wrong!!
    ...Yes you are wrong.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    No it will not work on your car and yes fog on with dipped beam IS allowed. Just only when driving in fog or heavy rain when visibility is reduced to less than 25 meters (or what ever it is in the 'highway code book of out dated crap'!)
    you mean the road vehicle lighting regulations?
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2552&dateline=1218822  313
    She may not be perfect but i love her anyway....

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
    you mean the road vehicle lighting regulations?
    yeah, that one.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The rule used to be that any auxilary 'driving lights' must only be used with full beam (not dipped beam) and must be able to be switched off via a seperate switch in the dash. i.e. you could have full beam with the 'driving lights' on, or by using a switch to disable the 'driving lights' you could have full beam only. Having the switch makes all manner of 'driving lights' legal. That's the way it was 15 years ago anyway, unless anything's changed.

No more muppetry please...
    Chris
    2010 Alfa Romeo 159 JTDm
    2001 V70 T5 SE (RICA 310)
    1997 9000 Aero (Abbotted)

Visit my Rant

This user has no status

Thanks
    Having asked the VOSA man who is based at our place of work.He says that fog light are to be used on dip beam and they should go off if full beam is used! And he should know! He then showed me it in a very large book of traffic regs! If you can use full beam you do not need fog lights on!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My Psychic Spidey Sense tells me I can see 3 Points and a £60 fine in the near Future. lol.. and yes.. speaking from experience.. I was pulled about 10 years ago driving my dads car in the rain with fogs on that I didnt realise was on as we were sharing the driving coming back from Plymouth Navy Base and I was pulled and told by traffic police its Against the law to drive with fogs on in the rain as the bright lights reflect off of the wet road surface blinding oncoming drivers and should only be used in thick fog where the fog dampens down the brightness enough not to blind oncommers but bright enough to let them know you are there. fair doos. could have been me dad driving but just happened i was behind the wheel when they pulled me... U will only have to be driving a country lane or somewhere dark with full beam on and fogs if they are connected to main beam. and a Traffic Cop spots ya. dont matter if u turn them off.. if they see them on with no fog... get ya cheque book and Licence out like i had to for those 3 points & £60 fine lol....

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well, I'm cheap, so here's my attempt at "fog" lighting!

Attachment 8072

Attachment 8073

Attachment 8074

Electronic switching by a wireless fob. £5 from halfrauds & lights were £10 off flebay!

I win the battle, but lose the war!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Wednesday 3rd February 2010)

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    So why do Volvo offer the S/W?
    Thanks
    Martyn

22. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Wednesday 3rd February 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Easy, so Lee gets the jail!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Wednesday 3rd February 2010),volvokid (Wednesday 3rd February 2010)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebadger View Post
    Easy, so Lee gets the jail!
    What?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

cornclose (Wednesday 3rd February 2010),volvokid (Thursday 4th February 2010)

Thread Information