Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: boost gauge

your mars a welder

Thanks

boost gauge

hello guys i have just finished fittin my boost gauge in my air vent next to the windo , i will get some pics up soon , it wasnt that hard to do really

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    come on herry up with the pics lol what psi does it say you are running

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    come on herry up with the pics lol what psi does it say you are running
    haha not enough m8 if thats what ya mean , av had a few drinks so couldnt test it lol , al take it for a spin tomo and see what were doin haha , its runnin rich a think like so am goin to get a air fuel ratio gauge next then get it all checked over , and was thinkin about a side exit exhaust right next to the down pipe lol

your mars a welder

Thanks
    right av had the ovlov out this morning like . i think i have the acuatour wound up to tight lol , its peakin at 20psi in 3rd gear from about 30mph then drops off to 12. any ideas like peeps. is there an upgrade acuatour you can put on the turbo .

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leet5r View Post
    is there an upgrade acuatour you can put on the turbo .
    19t's have a tigher actuator, not 100% if its a direct fit or not but as its off the same turbo range i would of thought there is a good chance of it

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    19t's have a tigher actuator, not 100% if its a direct fit or not but as its off the same turbo range i would of thought there is a good chance of it
    cheers pal , a spoke to rufe and there a few quid like , just when i was into the cosworths you could get an -31 or -34 to help keep a higher boost like lol. av got 1 some where but it will take me an age to find in from the bat shed like lol , how much is a r clutch like by any chance

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    cheers pal , a spoke to rufe and there a few quid like , just when i was into the cosworths you could get an -31 or -34 to help keep a higher boost like lol. av got 1 some where but it will take me an age to find in from the bat shed like lol , how much is a r clutch like by any chance
    how about converting a cossie actuator to fit onto your turbo? Not as high as 30psi tho lol

just had a look on PFS & they didn't list an R clutch, & haven't got vadis on this computer to look up for you. Dearest 850 clutch on PFS was £232

This user has no status

Thanks
    apart from a tightened actuator dose the car have any other mods?

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Complete r clutch from Rufe £187.42, Bearing £34.15. I know i just bought one

And where is the photo? i want to put two dials in my centre vent, how hard is it to get them out mate? all advice welcome
    Last edited by Jamest5r; Wednesday 27th January 2010 at 17:18.

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jamest5r For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 27th January 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post

And where is the photo? i want to put two dials in my centre vent, how hard is it to get them out mate? all advice welcome
    The vents just pop out.

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

your mars a welder

Thanks
    how about converting a cossie actuator to fit onto your turbo? Not as high as 30psi tho lol

just had a look on PFS & they didn't list an R clutch, & haven't got vadis on this computer to look up for you. Dearest 850 clutch on PFS was £232
    cheers pal

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irf View Post
    apart from a tightened actuator dose the car have any other mods?
    it has a daft max power air filter and a bleed valve , and an arse behide the wheel if that helps lol. it wont go past 5.5 revs like , its had a complete stage 0 in the last few weeks and the headgasket done aswell . i want to get the reverse interrcooler pipework done and some sort of turbo and injector upgrade as soon as funds allow

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post

i put my gauge in the vent next to the drivers door , its best if you pm me your phone number then al be able to talk you thro it cos its a bit fiddly lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to leet5r For This Useful Post:

Jamest5r (Wednesday 27th January 2010)

your mars a welder

Thanks

i was thinkin that like , cos av seen an rs turbo running a 16t with over 230bhp on a 1.6 cvh , if a find or get another 1 al have a go and let yous know lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    it has a daft max power air filter and a bleed valve , and an arse behide the wheel if that helps lol. it wont go past 5.5 revs like , its had a complete stage 0 in the last few weeks and the headgasket done aswell . i want to get the reverse interrcooler pipework done and some sort of turbo and injector upgrade as soon as funds allow

just my own opinion but i'd turn the bleed valve down so it doesn't go over 14psi. asking for trouble imho.

have you replaced hoses and checked for boost leaks? if you have and it still wont go past 5.5k it could be a blocked cat which would make it even more important to turn the boost down.

your mars a welder

Thanks
    just my own opinion but i'd turn the bleed valve down so it doesn't go over 14psi. asking for trouble imho.

have you replaced hoses and checked for boost leaks? if you have and it still wont go past 5.5k it could be a blocked cat which would make it even more important to turn the boost down.
    sorry it has a full set of samcos in blue lol , if a get anothe acuator am goin to take the bleed valve off all together like and fiddle with the actuator to get the boost rite , av been thinkin of bypassin the bosst controller so it boosts the same in each gear , cos av been told that lol

your mars a welder

Thanks

and av been toyin with the idea of just runnin a 3 inch down pipe into side exit flame thrower aswell like , i just need some cash and fast , hows the type r going

This user has no status

Thanks
    sorry, getting a bit confused here but why do you want a tighter actuator when you're hitting 20psi?

is it because it doesn't hold it till the redline?

if it is and i could be wrong but it could be because your ecu is trying to protect the car. it's on the standard map and you're running 20psi so i'd have thought it just **** itself and is retarding timing and lowering the boost to stay alive.

if the car was mine the first thing i'd do is take the bleed valve off and see how the car performs. does it hit the boost it's supposed to?

only then would i use the bleed valve and set it up to hit about 12-14psi.

problem is, if you set it to even 14-15psi it will drop to maybe 10-12psi at redline.

getting a ****load of boost low down only to see it disappear at the top end is (again imho) great for lazy driving but not so great when you're going all out. bit like a turbo diesel. okay, a LOT like a turbo diesel.

edit. the type R is great thanks, a bit slow all out compared to my old volvo but a brilliant drivers car. wouldn't surprise me if i end up lapping the ring quicker lol

your mars a welder

Thanks
    sorry, getting a bit confused here but why do you want a tighter actuator when you're hitting 20psi?

is it because it doesn't hold it till the redline?

if it is and i could be wrong but it could be because your ecu is trying to protect the car. it's on the standard map and you're running 20psi so i'd have thought it just **** itself and is retarding timing and lowering the boost to stay alive.

if the car was mine the first thing i'd do is take the bleed valve off and see how the car performs. does it hit the boost it's supposed to?

only then would i use the bleed valve and set it up to hit about 12-14psi.

problem is, if you set it to even 14-15psi it will drop to maybe 10-12psi at redline.

getting a ****load of boost low down only to see it disappear at the top end is (again imho) great for lazy driving but not so great when you're going all out. bit like a turbo diesel. okay, a LOT like a turbo diesel.

edit. the type R is great thanks, a bit slow all out compared to my old volvo but a brilliant drivers car. wouldn't surprise me if i end up lapping the ring quicker lol
    its hard to explain in words lol, i have just fitted a after market boost gauge so i could see what i was runnin .
    i got the gauge fitted late last nite and didnt test it till this mornin. if am in 1st and plant it the gauge reads 12 (i think i will double check later ) and each gear it stays at 12 , i onlt tryed the 1st 3 gears lol ran out of road.
    but if i am say doin 30mph in 3rd gear then plant it it hits 20psi then drops to 12 .
    i know its hard to say with out seing the car , cheers bud

This user has no status

Thanks
    that's normal. i think the normal way to test the boost is to run it in fourth or fifth gear. something to do with load which in your case means 20+ psi. totally up to you mate but i'd turn it down.

Thread Information