Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Scottish Run To Campbeltown

right guys i'd mentioned that this was happening at the first meeting of the year last weekend now i've been looking into it and been thinking about dates and stuff now i was thinking about the 31st of july as a provisional date reason being most ppl will just have been paid so makes it easier plus my reason for posting it this early is to see how many are going and it also gives ppl time to save

heres the plan leave early on the saturday morning now we can either meet up in balloch and convoy it down or head down to campeltown and meet there the reason for heading down on the saturday is because its such a long drive down and i'm planning to stay at a b+b on the saturday night cos i cant be bothered driving back up the same day so i was thinking everybody whos goin could maybe do the same and make a proper weekend of it now thats whats to happen if your goin down on the saturday cos the actual meet i had planned for the sunday so ppl can decide if they want to make it easier on themselves by coming down a day early or just head down on the day heres a link for various things from what to do to accomodation
    http://www.campbeltown.org.uk/ anymore u want to know just ask
    Last edited by S60; Wednesday 27th January 2010 at 15:04.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Or camp it in your car (Oooh Errr!).

Sounds like a plan mate, & I love it when a plan..... blah.

You could potentially bag the Fruin road before getting the Rest and be Thankful.

I'm getting 138miles to go?

That's taking into account the detour over to Gaerloch head.

About 3 hours driving... sounds fun!

Should we think of having a picknick on the day?

I'm up for it, dunno if I would like to do the run over in the morning & then back that evening, or stay overnight.

Either way, I'm up for this!

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Already as said at the 1st meet. I'm in. Some amazing roads and some equally amzing views. Would deff say make it an early morning run so the roads are quieter.
    Also means in campletown can see the local sights and tatse the local ales!!!
    If in doubt, FLAT OUT!

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Count me in... 31st July in the Diary!

Ten of the Best is on at Elvington Airfield in York the same day tho - quite fancied that...

http://www.totb.co.uk/gallery/showpi...asp?pid=143806

This user has no status
    Thanks
    well its 147 miles from where i'm coming from to get there on the day and early start would be good to miss out the traffic but to be honest you'd have to be hitting the a82 at prob 6 in the morning to get a descent clear run down i don't know how ppl would be getting up as early as that doesnt bother me as i had to work down there so was used to getting up at half 4 5 in the morning and if we were leaving at that time we couldn't have the pick nick badger was talking about lol
    staying overnight would prob be best for everybody aswell i think cos we can all make a night of it out on the town plus it will be a long drive for near enough everybody so to save the stressful drive back up i think thats the best way

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A man with a plan. Great road, Amazing scenery, Good cars, Good crowd and beer.....
    If in doubt, FLAT OUT!

Thread Information