Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Bov Vs Recirc valve?????

Been running with a Forge twin dv for some time, and still find the sound amusing on the old volv, but have heard about problems of running rich, can this cause the car to stutter? normally at low rpm.
    Will a hks ssqv with recirculating fitting make a noise?
    Dont really want to lose bov sound, but if its causing probs, its gonna have to go.anyone else experienced problems with bov causing stutter or hesitation?
    Gonna get new plugs just to rule that out, its had recent leads dizzy cap and rotor arm,

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,711 Times in 2,752 Posts
    ive got the same dump valve with no problems i did have a stutter or slight miss on full boost which turned out to be the plugs

This user has no status

Thanks
    I had a stutter on an old vehicle i use to have change everything ie complete service except fuel filter in the end it was my fuel filter causing the stutter

This user has no status
    Thanks
    recon must be the plugs then cheers,
    ah! good call fuel filter thats cheaper than plugs lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Wealth Doctor View Post
    Been running with a Forge twin dv for some time, and still find the sound amusing on the old volv, but have heard about problems of running rich, can this cause the car to stutter? normally at low rpm.
    Dont really want to lose bov sound, but if its causing probs, its gonna have to go.anyone else experienced problems with bov causing stutter or hesitation?
    Gonna get new plugs just to rule that out, its had recent leads dizzy cap and rotor arm,
    i had a bov dv26 on my v70 no probs at all and now got it fitted to my 940t ,the car you saw at nads with jamest5r car aswell.nice to meet you mate

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    Is it a t5 you have ive just been doing some reaserch on the dvoo4 twin piston ones we have as my car only seems to have a very short dump causing turbo chatter through the cone filter i also find that if i boot it through 1st 2nd then go into 3rd it strugles to build full boost but if im just in 3rd theres no problem building boost.
    Any way ive just got a reply from forge and the standard spring in them is a blue on which is for 23-30 psi which is too strong for our cars and wee need the yellow one allowing 15-23psi as im running 16+ psi if yours is stock and running at 9.5 you will need the green spring rated at 5-15psi.
    Im going to buy a kit there around £20 for 4 different springs if u need the green one and me the yellow ill split the kit with you for half the price.
    cheers pete

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    i had a bov dv26 on my v70 no probs at all and now got it fitted to my 940t ,the car you saw at nads with jamest5r car aswell.nice to meet you mate
    Good to meet you to buddy

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    Is it a t5 you have ive just been doing some reaserch on the dvoo4 twin piston ones we have as my car only seems to have a very short dump causing turbo chatter through the cone filter i also find that if i boot it through 1st 2nd then go into 3rd it strugles to build full boost but if im just in 3rd theres no problem building boost.
    Any way ive just got a reply from forge and the standard spring in them is a blue on which is for 23-30 psi which is too strong for our cars and wee need the yellow one allowing 15-23psi as im running 16+ psi if yours is stock and running at 9.5 you will need the green spring rated at 5-15psi.
    Im going to buy a kit there around £20 for 4 different springs if u need the green one and me the yellow ill split the kit with you for half the price.
    cheers pete
    sounds like a credit crunchy solution, like it,
    u got paypal??

OH DEAR
    Thanks
    sounds like a credit crunchy solution, like it,
    u got paypal??
    Yeah ive jsut e-mailed the company who sells them on ebay and just waiting for there reply to make sure they will work with our dump valves as soon as i get there reply i will let you know.
    cheers pete

Thread Information