Join Today
    wanting to get busy with my
    twins, twin zx9r's that is
    Thanks

which c70 convert to buy

my search has begun for a C70 softtop. now all i know about is so far is it has to be the T5 model and manual

however i want a top spec one so what should i look for? did they make a R version of the it at all? and did they make the orange / saffron colour in soft top as wife wants that colour? best hifi option to look for also?

so can you people in the know help. basically i want a fully spec'd T5 version and also want the most powerful model they made.
    looking to spend around 4k so rules out the newer ones.
    because it just had to be done

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streaky744 View Post
    my search has begun for a C70 softtop. now all i know about is so far is it has to be the T5 model and manual

however i want a top spec one so what should i look for? did they make a R version of the it at all? and did they make the orange / saffron colour in soft top as wife wants that colour? best hifi option to look for also?

so can you people in the know help. basically i want a fully spec'd T5 version and also want the most powerful model they made.
    looking to spend around 4k so rules out the newer ones.
    Honestly man take a drive of one that could soon put your search to an end, the bodies weren't stiff enough on the first C70 converts and lots of people didnt like them for this reason (this is what I've read anyway) the new ones were stiffend about 15% i think, ask cameron a guy that stays on his street has one and i'm sure its saffron. They never made an R version.
    Last edited by volvokid; Saturday 16th January 2010 at 19:29.
    Thanks
    Martyn

3. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

cameron (Saturday 16th January 2010)

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    There is a T5 GT Convertible.

And they can be had in Orange ( Saffron ) .....................

They have a Dolby Prologic System ( It has a speaker on top of the dash ) that sounds bloody brilliant.

There was no R version made and the T5 is the quickest one for your money with 240bhp.

For £4k you will get maybe a very tidy 01 plate or a bit of a run down 02.

My neighbours above is a 2.0T, Manual with the Dolby System and that had done 47k and he paid £4200 for that and its mint, he got a proper good deal

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,466 Posts
    Personally given the scuttle shake in the ragtop - I would for go and get the folding hard top.

Look for SE or SE LUX spec - and you want the premium sound system (includes 2 woofers) and is the muts nuts!

They are 220BHP out the blocks for the T5 but can be remapped and tweaked to over 300 if you have the budget.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair
    Join my projecteers tribe - Old Volvos Never Die - They just get faster.

Visit my VPCUK garage and my YouTube channel - WobblyDave72

Thanks
    thanks peeps, so now just got to find an orange GT T5 with the premiuem sound system.

what year did they start making the stiffer models? and is there any mods that can be done to improve the shake? but can always hope its already had a remap lol.

think maybe the folding hard top be well out of my price range, max would be just under 5k if sold the current 850.

so if anyone sees or hears of one for sale please let me know. will travel anywhere in UK for the right car.
    Last edited by streaky744; Sunday 17th January 2010 at 00:12.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly Dave View Post
    Personally given the scuttle shake in the ragtop - I would for go and get the folding hard top.

Look for SE or SE LUX spec - and you want the premium sound system (includes 2 woofers) and is the muts nuts!

They are 220BHP out the blocks for the T5 but can be remapped and tweaked to over 300 if you have the budget.
    You sound like your talking about the new shape dave? if you are post 08 models had 230bhp
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks peeps, so now just got to find an orange GT T5 with the premiuem sound system.

what year did they start making the stiffer models? and is there any mods that can be done to improve the shake? but can always hope its already had a remap lol.

so if anyone sees or hears of one for sale please let me know. will travel anywhere in UK for the right car.
    The stiffer models are only the new shape. Cam is correct about the bhp. The older style is faster as standard compared to the new ones.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...%2F2&logcode=p non GT model wouldnt cost much to turn back to standard, just thought id show you it
    Thanks
    Martyn

Thanks
    thanks for that. looks nice but for once i shall be fussy and try and find a GT one. i know its only a slight difference but there you go. not in no mad rush just as long as can find one before summer lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks for that. looks nice but for once i shall be fussy and try and find a GT one. i know its only a slight difference but there you go. not in no mad rush just as long as can find one before summer lol
    Best be fussy one will turn up it may just take a while. I was looking for a sonic blue S60R before I bought my C70 I started looking in july and nothing ever came about there still hasnt been one i would of wanted.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    You sound like your talking about the new shape dave? if you are post 08 models had 230bhp
    Indeed I am. Problem with the ragtop - it was never designed to be a ragtop and all the strut braces in the world are not gonna make up for the lack of roof.

The new 2.5 C70 T5 IMHO is a much better proposition and you can pick them up for as little as 12K now.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

Thanks
    12k is well out of my budget. i only pay cash for cars don't do chucky. but looking at these what wife wants i get to keep the peace then if she don't like it i shall sell it and get a tin top version.

went to look at an orange c70 just so she could she colour in the flesh. and yep she doesn't like it now (women grrr) so god knows what colour to go for now. but blue's are out and i don't want a flat colour must be metalic of some kind.

so search now is c70 soft top T5 GT spec and must be manual with full service history if anyone knows of any real gems anywhere? open minded on colours but no blue's or orange

Shiny Superstar
    Back in the game!
    Thanks
    I am glad she doesn't like the gay gold. Will keep my eyes peel for ya.
    Volvo ABS ECU Repair

Thread Information