Join Today

Thread: clearing a code

This user has no status
    Thanks

clearing a code

i made the flash code reader for my car and it came up code 121. Ive changed the maf sensor on my 1995 850 t5 and the lights still on.. its got the obd2 plug on it but i lent the code reader off the forum and it wouldnt work... will I have to go to someone to clear the code??

cheers

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    It may clear it's self once it learns that the fault has been corrected, if it doesn't then yeah you'll need to pay a trip to the dealer.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok cheers mate

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If you just want to clear the code and put the MIL off then providing you have fixed the fault then unplugging the ecu for a short time usually works, has done for me in the past.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    being a 1995 its not fully OBD2 compliant, which means the usual universal reads won't work

if you look around the net i'm sure there is a cheat to clear the codes & to read them by connecting certain pins on the plug

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Pulling the ecu out over night may reset it, thats what i did on mine and its been off ever since

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p0xy View Post
    i made the flash code reader for my car and it came up code 121. Ive changed the maf sensor on my 1995 850 t5 and the lights still on.. its got the obd2 plug on it but i lent the code reader off the forum and it wouldnt work... will I have to go to someone to clear the code??

cheers
    is this the home made code reader you' got/made? if so i've cleared codes with the same just leave the 3rd wire in for longer ie:- at least 5/6 seconds pull it out the led light should stay on put wire back in for about 3 seconds should be job done. but you have to read all the codes at least once before you can clear them hope this helps, gareth

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ye mate its the home made codereader, will try that in the mornin and if it doesnt work will try disconnectin the ecu overnight

This user has no status
    Thanks
    im with lee on this one, after I jetwashed my engine the eml came on, I disconnected the battery for a couple of hours, good as gold when re connected

1998 Toyota previa 2.4 LPG
    7 seats and still room for my dog
    Not as quick as my old t5 though!

God I miss her...

This user has no status

Thanks
    I have an ACR4 with the volvo cartridge. I don't use it alot nowday's as I mainly work on lorries! I am will to post this to anyone who want's to borrow it aslong as they pay the postage! Cheer,s!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to castellsmith123 For This Useful Post:

cameron (Monday 25th January 2010)

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p0xy View Post
    ye mate its the home made codereader, will try that in the mornin and if it doesnt work will try disconnectin the ecu overnight
    tis a bit fiddly i guess but definately do able done one for t5taff of here and done my own on my old t5 a few times might have to try a few times but definateley can be dun, first insertion of the 3rd wire go for at least 3/4 seconds to get the code all codes must be read before you can clear any once you have all the codes insert (ooeer) the 3rd wire again for about 5/6 seconds led should stay on whip it out then back in for about 3 seconds should be job dun

Thread Information