Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rnash2002 View Post
    Lol if you read into the posts woking rob wants to get 400bhp,he gona rebuild his engine at the end of the year,his turbo is on the way out now so he wants to know if he can fit turbo and other stuff on the stock motor for now untill he gets the engine sorted,he also said he doesnt want to double buy stuff,so why would he get say a 19t now run it with that then sell on again and get the bigger turbo once the engine is all sorted.
    I would get the turbo and stuff for 400bhp fit it then run lower boost so to run say 320bhp then once engine is sorted turn the boost up and away you go.
    sorry mate i was not trying to be a d''''''k but to build a fwd with 400 bhp it can cost a fare bit of dosh to make everything work to make 400 bhp worth it.engine,turbo,some form of lsd in box,custom remap etc,and that is not including suspension ,brakes etc.when i had my v70 2.5t i decided to build an engine that would do 350 to 400 bhp so i fitted s60r forged rods/pistons into a 2.4 block ,n/a cams etc.the compression of that engine was 7.2 compression ratio .with a t35 hybrid turbo running 1.3 bar that was running310 whp but i could not fuel it so had to put more money into it bigger injectors so i could run the turbo at 1.6 to 1.8 bar .the point is it costs money to do these things and i did it the cheap way.but if you got the money enjoy the project mate

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smithy View Post
    sorry mate i was not trying to be a d''''''k but to build a fwd with 400 bhp it can cost a fare bit of dosh to make everything work to make 400 bhp worth it.engine,turbo,some form of lsd in box,custom remap etc,and that is not including suspension ,brakes etc.when i had my v70 2.5t i decided to build an engine that would do 350 to 400 bhp so i fitted s60r forged rods/pistons into a 2.4 block ,n/a cams etc.the compression of that engine was 7.2 compression ratio .with a t35 hybrid turbo running 1.3 bar that was running310 whp but i could not fuel it so had to put more money into it bigger injectors so i could run the turbo at 1.6 to 1.8 bar .the point is it costs money to do these things and i did it the cheap way.but if you got the money enjoy the project mate
    I know mate was just pointing out what the chap wanted to do.

http://www.terrabear-newfoundlands.co.uk/
    You always come back to what you know !!!
    13.8@ 103mph fastest forum 850 in 2010 Running 286bhp(former owner)

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Best thing for you to do here Rob is talk to RT Mechanics, Russ has a proven 500+ BHP T5R and they have done a lot of mods.

You might have to have some very deep pockets my friend

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:

RT MECHANICS (Saturday 30th January 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5 stealth View Post
    i think its more a point of is there much point trying to get huge amounts of power from a front wheel drive car..........
    all your doing is leaving a longer black line on the road
    True but if you buy the best parts you would be really amazed how good the traction can be with such silly numbers as 4-500 plus hp i am sure if you asked the passengers i have taken out the traction is very very good.

what is the point of spending loads of money on bigger turbos etc on a stock engine and running low boost you might aswell put a 16/18/19t on and turn up the boost and save money
    Well said build it for stronger then you need

Quote Originally Posted by t5 pete View Post
    also rob what budget do you have the reason i ask is many people seem to think there going to make there car 400bhp for example and then realise theres alot of work involved and the cost of parts and mapping can be extreamily expensive.
    if you were going to fit a garrett gt30r that would set you back the best part of £1000 then a custom d/p rc or alike injectors and i would deffinalt get the rods done and possibly pistons.
    Also remember the more power you run the better braking and suspension will be needed
    As Pete rightly says the costs can be high for buying quality parts as with anything you get what you pay for i would do the suspension (coilovers) ipd anti roll bars and the Brakes (AP) get the basics right before you go for more power...

Quote Originally Posted by cragmaz View Post
    oh, forgot to mention, i also run a gripper LSD, and its a bit of a handfull putting the power down, so if your running a standard diff, and around 300 brake, your not gunna get the traction, you need some uprated suspension and a LSD to put it down, otherwise you wasting your cash!

Well said

C
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Best thing for you to do here Rob is talk to RT Mechanics, Russ has a proven 500+ BHP T5R and they have done a lot of mods.

You might have to have some very deep pockets my friend
    Thanks Cam thanks for thinking of me

Russ
    LOOK at our project :
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16301
    591 BHP 524 Ftlbs torque so far
    The Most Powerful T5 in the UK

This user has no status

Thanks
    theres a P reg explod 850 that made over 400BHP at last dyno day, seems to run quite happily on road and track, that has IIRC a standard M59 (850R Box)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    theres a P reg explod 850 that made over 400BHP at last dyno day, seems to run quite happily on road and track, that has IIRC a standard M59 (850R Box)
    i did say some form of lsd box or locking diff like m59 box.meaning that you will need more traction with pushing that kind of power .when i had my v70 i was going to fit a gripper diff because traction was rubbish if you pushed it you could melt your tyres in nearly 4 gears lol

Thread Information