Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

To flush or not to flush ? S60 D5

O.K I'm not talking saving water when using the loo here before you worry

I'm about to have an oil change this lunch time on the S60 D5 with 140,000 on then clock. The oil is disgusting as I do a lot of miles and have been naughty in not changing it for far too long ( ages in fact).

I have ben told by an indy in the past that flushes are likely to cause/show up leeks on sa high mileage car and shold be avoided. What is the general consensus on this. I am tempted to agree and thinking even withut a flush , then changing the oil and filter has t be better than the sludge in the car but I have no problem with a flush if there is no risk of agrovating seals etc.

Cheers Mas

This user has no status

Thanks
    Best to avoid flushing in my opionion, unless you are going to remove the sump and check / clean the pickup strainer after. (which you probably arent by the sounds)

Best plan would be to drain, stick in some mediocre diesel oil and new filter, run it for ~500miles, then change again with a new filter and best quality oil.

And slap your wrists for not changing it at least as often as the book says.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    All done , I confessed my sin repented and the oil and flter have been changed. I suppose the fuel filter will have to be changed next. Does anyone know how easy this is t get to.

Cheers Mas

Thread Information