Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Question Dash removal HELP!!!

Hello all.

I'm attempting to fit a new set of dials to my C70 and have hit a snag. I have taken a squillion torx screws out of various places but the passenger side still won't budge. I was wondering if it was something to do with the airbag? Also, is there a screw beneath the Dolby center speaker? If so, how do you get the speaker cover off?

Trixy's in bits at the mo so if any one can offer any suggestions I would be most grateful!!

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    pm sent might be able to help

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    If Viking hasnt been able to give you the advice you need let me know I've done it a few times.
    Last edited by volvokid; Wednesday 20th January 2010 at 12:54.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thankyou both for your help/offer. Took me a while to do but I'm very pleased with the results. Added a special touch in the form a a wee prancing moose!

Meet Abby, an elegant lady... Still, very willing to go topless in public. All I gotta do is push the right buttons...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    glad u got it done ok mate. i was gonna say it only takes less that ten mins to get it out. but Viking shared the plans wiv ya.. lol

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    I do like what you have done there the little moooose is so cute!!! haha
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm-Troll View Post
    glad u got it done ok mate. i was gonna say it only takes less that ten mins to get it out. but Viking shared the plans wiv ya.. lol

10 mins?!?!?! Probably would have without the Dolby center speaker. Took me about 20 mins just to get the bugger unplugged! And even longer to reconnect the damn thing! There's not enough cable to lift it high enough to be able to see what you are doing so it was all by feel. Plus, there's a little resistor soldered just mm's away from the connector.

I then discovered that the memory for the digi display lies in the PCB and not the ECU (worth remembering if anyone else out there in VPCUKland is thinking about swapsies), which meant having to take the unit out, swapping the digi display back, and swapping the dials over!

Still, worth it in the end. Looks better in the flesh than in my pics.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts
    When i put the r dials in mine i swapped them over complete and the mileage came up from the donor car, 170 odd thousand lol so in the end i just used the blue dial faces and put them into my original cluster. I've also installed the chrome rings that you can get off ebay for about £22, finishes the dials off nicely.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    That's exactly what I did. Got any pics of your dials with the rings fitted?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Really like that actually, might consider doing that myself. is it a real pain in the A **£ to do??

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
    Really like that actually, might consider doing that myself. is it a real pain in the A **£ to do??

I could do it in less than half the time if I had to do it again. It's quite simple if you know where the screws, bolts and clips are. If you decide to do it PM me and I can talk you through it over the phone. I can email you a few photos I took of the dash whilst doing it aswell.

Thread Information