Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

940 Running Lights

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the running lights and, if so, how it's done?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lsn202 View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the running lights and, if so, how it's done?
    i dont think you can on the rwd cars but personally i like mine on my 940t as they are ON it scares other cars then lol

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    I managed to turn mine off on my old 940. You need to remove a wire from the back of the main light switch on the dash. It has two wires crimped into it, and these need to stay together, just the wire needs to be removed from the connector. Unfortunately I can't remember which one it was, all I know it had two wires going to it.

Basically there is a constant feed to this wire in the light switch and by unplugging the wire, it disables it. Just make sure you keep the two wires together, and just insulate the end.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Don't quote me on this although its worth a try. As far as I'm aware the 940's were to the 740 as the S/V70's are to the 850's. So whenI bought my 740 the running lights where not working, or so I thought. Under further investigation I discovered that the fuse had just been pulled by the previous owner. Its worth a look but ifyour fuse box is behind the ashtray on the dash console then it should be if my memory serves me right the second fuse from the passener side on the first row of fuses. Its worth a try before you start pulling wires.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have a 440 and if the dial for the lights is the same with 0 side and drive i turn mine half way between 0 and side and it disconnects contacts. I do this to put more charge into batteries at competitions to charge faster

Thread Information