Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

scooter (Thursday 21st January 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks

Tailgate lock

Hi
    Thanks everyone, just opened it up took out the lock as I couldnt see anything obvious but the solonoid had become completely dry and very difficult to move, cleaned it and lubricated everything with a light silicon grease. All back together and working like new. Whole thing took less than an hour so I guess I just save a gudzillion pounds at Volvo rates.
    Just going to do the other P2 V70 now as a precaution, the P1 V70 seems fine (12 years young and never misses a beat, probaly temting fate now)
    Dave

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mds For This Useful Post:

princepugh (Thursday 21st January 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mds View Post
    Hi
    Thanks everyone, just opened it up took out the lock as I couldnt see anything obvious but the solonoid had become completely dry and very difficult to move, cleaned it and lubricated everything with a light silicon grease. All back together and working like new. Whole thing took less than an hour so I guess I just save a gudzillion pounds at Volvo rates.
    Just going to do the other P2 V70 now as a precaution, the P1 V70 seems fine (12 years young and never misses a beat, probaly temting fate now)
    Dave
    It feels good when you can get something fixed and you don't have to pay the stealerships

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Dont believe it this has just happened to my 2005 V70 t5 needed to get in boot and the tailgate wont open + on key fob i have a boot open button it dont work nightmare any help needed

This user has no status

Thanks
    follow my instructions it works now mine is working 100% anymore info just post or pm me

This user has no status
    Thanks

just for info if it helps.......
    the v70 p2 do suffer with tailgate lock/unlock issues,
    open the tailgate,on the left hand side behind the panel that opens is a fuse box.....that fuse box does all the electrics on the rear of the car,
    the relays in there control the central locking,
    it has a seperate relay for lock & unlock & for each rear door/tailgate/& petrol cap,
    apparently these models suffer with water getting into the fuse box,be it wet or damp,they corrode the circuit board inside the fuse box,
    also the conections on the relays may be affected,
    just pushing or moving the relays can restore the connection to the tailgate.
    thus sorting the problem,
    hopefully its just bad connections,rather than a faulty part,it seems that when its faulty it only supplies 8 or 9 volts to the solonoid which isnt enough to trigger it so it wont open,
    on the plug that goes onto the solonoid is a grey wire & a yellow wire,ontop of each other,these are lock & unlock,check the voltage on each one,ie when lock & unlock,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to t5 stealth For This Useful Post:

scooter (Tuesday 26th January 2010)

Thread Information