Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks
    well had the car booked in at the volvo garage today and they say they basically cant do a thing about the stereo because its not a virgin unit, lol in other words it wasnt a new one bought from them, was told the dashlights will come on in ignition position 1, and if the fan is set at any position it will run as well and the lights on the stereo wont come on at night what a set up, they cleared a lamda? light that came on the dash and thats it, can anyone clarify if thier dash lights come on in ignition position 1? as i only listen to music in the car and sitting there for an hour or two is bound to drain the battery, thanks, george.

This user has no status

Thanks
    after waiting a week for a phone call to get the radio/cd fixed , still the dashlights heaterfan coming on in key pos 1, and no night illumination or steering wheel control, got a call to put it down on wed, today after sitting listening to music in the car for 15 mins i get the low battery light coming on, and the lamda ? light has re appeared(yellow engine light)as fandango has told me only the radio and windows should be working in key pos 1? if only i can find a few s80's locally i could stop and ask the owners what thiers do in the same position, giving the dealer two weeks to sort this out or going to put the car back and ask for my cash back
    george.

This user has no status

Thanks
    AFAIK stereo light are software related and a dealer can set lights if you change stereos even if its 2nd hand, as long as its a genuine volvo stereo

This user has no status

Thanks
    heya cookie thanks, was told that too yeah when it was in the volvo garage, the "master tech" said they cant do a thing as its not a brand new unit, the dealer installed a used recon one, i still think the volvo garage are talking rubbish, and cant see what the elec tech the car dealer is getting to look at it on wed can do to rectify it unless he has the volvo software which i doubt,seriously going off theis car as i use it to listen to my music when parked, and its useless if its gonna drain the battery in 15 mins as its now showing

This user has no status

Thanks

at last

finally felt fit enough to get the clarion single din unit fitted, tried the dolby set up through the amp with the cables i bought and because the unit only has one set of pre outs, i used y pieces to connect up to the rca plug, but,,,,,,,,, you lose control of the front /rear/left right controls, so,,,, took the rca plugs out and connected the unit with the iso lead and speaker connections just two plugs to work with and bingo what a sound!!, plus the weird bit is i even have the centre speaker working lol, wooohooo mp3 in the car again bliiissssss.

Thread Information