Join Today
    ...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts

610Bhp / 835Nm Torque!!!

For a very brief moment i owned Two 'R's...Alas, the Laser has now departed feel like my right leg has been ripped off. Anyway, i am extremely happy with my new 'R', even more so because the HU-803 headunit plays copied cdr's without any probs The Sub sounds the nuts!!

2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,506 Posts
    they are very nice cars and that is the only p2 i like

More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    When you look at that first pic the new R looks a lot more sleak. I know the sound system in my dads S60R doesnt pack as much of a punch as my V70R, but the face lift R's had a S/W change or somthing in the head units and lots of people think the first S60R's had more bass.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    two fine looking vehicles. so what does the new one drive like?

1998 Toyota previa 2.4 LPG
    7 seats and still room for my dog
    Not as quick as my old t5 though!

God I miss her...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_woods View Post
    two fine looking vehicles. so what does the new one drive like?
    They drive totally different from our machines that things tend to drive you more than anything its a weird sensation but its cool, you can feel the computers working stuff out all the time.
    Thanks
    Martyn

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Both Awesome looking cars but i still prefer the look of the Laser Blue one

More angular and more agressive looking although the new one is probably a lot better.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    They drive totally different from our machines that things tend to drive you more than anything its a weird sensation but its cool, you can feel the computers working stuff out all the time.
    It feels bigger, the seats are more comfy, the stereo is god damn awesome, the auto dimming rear view mirror is blinding , the active chassis is fantastic especially on snow and ice! (comfort setting) overall so far....Bloody drives fantastic!
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    It feels bigger, the seats are more comfy, the stereo is god damn awesome, the auto dimming rear view mirror is blinding , the active chassis is fantastic especially on snow and ice! (comfort setting) overall so far....Bloody drives fantastic!
    Yeah the seats are the best Volvo make there supportive and comfy plus they look good. I wish I could let you listen to the C70's stereo I've never heard a standard install better than this thing. Do you feel the chassis working away in the snow i've never driven one in cold conditions? My biggest grip with them is you hear clunking noises I think that's to do with the 4 wheel drive, I remember hearing it when I test drove a brand new one at the time and when I took out a V70R they all must do it.
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    Yeah the seats are the best Volvo make there supportive and comfy plus they look good. I wish I could let you listen to the C70's stereo I've never heard a standard install better than this thing. Do you feel the chassis working away in the snow i've never driven one in cold conditions? My biggest grip with them is you hear clunking noises I think that's to do with the 4 wheel drive, I remember hearing it when I test drove a brand new one at the time and when I took out a V70R they all must do it.
    I never heard any clunking noises and i was driving on 4 - 6" of snow and ice. I had it in 'comfort' mode because there's more give in the suspension and therefore more grip. Worked really well i have to say.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I never heard any clunking noises and i was driving on 4 - 6" of snow and ice. I had it in 'comfort' mode because there's more give in the suspension and therefore more grip. Worked really well i have to say.
    Yeah there's a massive difference between the chassis settings advanced rattles your teeth out, I think its scary to use on main roads as the car bounces about its more a track setting. Once it dry's out throw the thing round a roundabout its mental the speed it will go round lol it feels like a go cart, I'm sure the S60's and the V70's would handle pretty similar.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well .. Lee had a lovely car .. now has another one!

I aquired a great car! Thanks Lee!!!

More photos to follow.... !!

Umm amusing/interesting/scary .. counting out £20 notes on a table in the service station .. lol Kept expecting to be pulled by plod as a drug dealer!

Having said that we didn't exactly look experianced at it!!

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Wink

Been sorting her out already...bought some gunk for the engine today and gave her a steam clean. Looks much better now. Also popped to Ovlov to buy some new front headlamp wiper blades, the others were shagged. Got a new 'magnetec' tax disc holder from Halfords for that clean look without all the advertising around the outside. Looks much better from the front now.

Thread Information