Join Today

Thread: lpg or diesel

This user has no status

Thanks

lpg or diesel

hi there i converted my v70 last year to lpg, around town it does about 15 miles to the gallon. the cost off lpg is 54p ltr so its say doing 30miles to the gallon as petrol prices stand.Now im thinking off changing me car and i was thinking diesel . can anyone tell me if this would be a good move as ive never had a diesel car before. what would i get to the gallon and are there anything i should look for when im buying a used v70, I see some cars with over 150000 miles on the clock and still asking in my opinion silly money

This user has no status
    Thanks
    this is just my personal opinion and I dont' know the figures on the diesel, but I'd stick with LPG!!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    Not trying to go off topic here but is 15mpg correct, what model/engine is it as it seems a little low?
    Last edited by mikej; Tuesday 12th January 2010 at 20:43.

This user has no status

Thanks
    i would go for a diesel in todays world, as LPG is only going to go up more and more as it has done over the last few years, however if you going to get a Diesel volvo get one post 2003 so you shouldnt get the injector problem which they are prone too

This user has no status

Thanks

lpg diesel

my car is an 1998 2.5 10v which has done 9800 miles. yes i would agree 15 miles to the gal is quite low, you dont get the same as petrol as lpg burns about 10% less than petrol and also in this cold weather you tend to stay on petrol longer from a cold start, say about one mile before switching over to gas, taking this into acount im probably boing about 18 miles to the gallon

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry i was getting confused i thought you said 15mpg on petrol, i too have been running LPG for the last 60k miles in a Galaxy i now need to make a similar decision to you as i need a car with a bit of grunt and torque for towing a van as well as an every day lugger. I'm torn between a 850 or v70 T5 estate LPG'd or a V70d5, my only worry with the diesel is the cost of juice and diesel repair bills were as i,ve had many a T5 and love the reliability either way i think my next motor will have to be a Volvo unless someone else can suggest anthting else! I would have thought you'd be getting at least an equivalent 45mpg on gas mind, mid 20's around town on petrol???

This user has no status

Thanks

Lpg or diesel

hi thanks for reply i think we both need somone to give us info and pitfalls about owning a diesel car i myself have never owned one so i would be thalnkfull for any advice many thanks ged

Thread Information