Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

2.5 TDi's - Any good?

Im currently averaging high teens mpg at max in my V70 2.5T as generally i only do short runs but with possibly even higher fuel costs on the horizon and my mpg im considering buying a V70 2.5 TDi. On paper it looks pretty gash performance wise but has more max torque than my current motor (290 verses 270) and isnt it the 'torques' that you actually feel when accelerating on not bhp?

Anyway anybody got one and if so how do you find it?

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    I went for a test drive in one, it was a 99 'V' and it too had the Audi Diesel engine.

I was actually surprised at how quick it was, shame the rev range didnt last a bit longer because you'd just get into some nice acceleration and then you'd have to change gear again, where as in my manual the rev range was a lot longer so you had more time to enjoy the feeling

Good solid cars, as you'd expect from a Volvo and the engines are unbreakable, if i had the money i'd have one tomorrow and keep the T5 as a weekend car.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:

sebasteeno (Saturday 2nd January 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Ive got a 1998 Tdi Auto with 191k on the clock,i get anything from 35-40 depending on the usual...It is surprisingly quick and i thoroughly enjoy driving it when not driving my R.
    Hope this is of use.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to willi For This Useful Post:

Some people hate to see you
    doing well. They are losers...
    Thanks
    remap.... easy way to a bit more like "normal" power from a tdi, just the aformentioned short rev range to complain about, and yes, the more lubfoots, the better, you feel the torque push you into the seat on my wife's grand scenic, thats 126bhp but 226lb-ft, so there's your proof.... basically the same torque as a standard 850 T5 from a renault diesel.... lol

go diesel, save money, spend the money getting it remapped, smile as the torque curve goes up and up....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulZX For This Useful Post:

Thread Information