Join Today

Thread: distributor cap

This user has no status
    Thanks

distributor cap

After taking delivery of my poly top mount and front strut this morning and then fitting it, i realised that the distributor cap was getting a bit worn.
    Should i get a direct replacment or is there something better out there i can (waste) spend my nearly hard earned money on.

And a happy new year to all those who read this messgae, and if not then happy new year anyway.
    Last edited by Tomcat; Thursday 31st December 2009 at 18:54. Reason: fixed the blue text

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 850 t5 vs 600cc View Post
    After taking delivery of my poly top mount and front strut this morning and then fitting it, i realised that the distributor cap was getting a bit worn.
    Should i get a direct replacment or is there something better out there i can (waste) spend my nearly hard earned money on.

[COLOR=royalblue]And a happy new year to all those who read this messgae, and if not then happy new year anyway.[/COLOR]
    my m8 has a msd coil on his t5 but am not sure about the cap like

This user has no status

Thanks
    go for original from stealers

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I heard somewhere that you can get a clear one that allows you to see the spark, meant to look the nuts at night. I dont know if it would give the same performance though. Just a thought...

1998 Toyota previa 2.4 LPG
    7 seats and still room for my dog
    Not as quick as my old t5 though!

God I miss her...

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_woods View Post
    I heard somewhere that you can get a clear one that allows you to see the spark, meant to look the nuts at night. I dont know if it would give the same performance though. Just a thought...
    my bro has had them for several of his VW's but i've never seen a 5cylinder one for a Volvo

This user has no status

Thanks
    Get the stock one from Rufe with matching rotor arm and replace the two together.

If you still have the black plastic cover, my advice is not to replace that on the new cap, as they can sweat and cause misfiring.

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I'd second the recommendation to get Bosch in this instance.

I got a cheaper copy from GSF and suffer from an intermittent misfire every now and then which I reckon is due to the cap. The black cover is useful in that it has the cylinder numbers marked on it - handy if you're changing HT leads... mentioning which, I also fitted Bosch HT leads rather than Bougicourd - another decision that I'm reconsidering.

Get OEM for all ignition components...
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

Thread Information