Join Today
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: s70r tuning?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i was going to get them map checked out or at least RR it to check the fueling. i was thinking about running with standard down pipe and cat..... i think it will come down to funds as i am changing the suspension.....
    S70R Auto, Rica and other goodies!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    going to get it fitted and then i'm going to either put it on a RR to check the fueling or just get a new remap... although no rica suppliers seem to have a rr???

Thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks
    as it seems to be peaking at 1 bar iam not to worried about any thing breaking more concerned about the fueling... don't know if that is right !!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joelounge View Post
    as it seems to be peaking at 1 bar iam not to worried about any thing breaking more concerned about the fueling... don't know if that is right !!
    i assume the 19t your getting comes complete with actuator? In which case it'll boost more than 1bar because the 19t's have a tighter actuator on them. I was told to keep the turbo under`1.3bar until 3.5k-4k rpm.

So keep your eye on the boost levels

This user has no status
    Thanks
    will do! it arrived yesterday i'll check if it comes complete.... would of hoped so!
    going to put on an oil coller for the gearbox and an oil change first me thinks...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    about the levels... iwas told on the auto go easy at lower revs as that when things bend.... but the advantage is ove manual you have a torque convertor rather than a fully engaged drive....

Thanks
    about the levels... iwas told on the auto go easy at lower revs as that when things bend.... but the advantage is ove manual you have a torque convertor rather than a fully engaged drive....
    auto have an advantage over a manual NEVER lol. Sorry i'm a clutch & gearstick man & don't know much about autos, didn't think there was anything to bend in them tho. Building the power up gradule is always going to be easier on the components

Thanks
    will do! it arrived yesterday i'll check if it comes complete.... would of hoped so!
    the actuator simply unbolts, but as said the original 19t actuator is stiffer than that on a 15g so takes more boost to open. FFM has got a 15g actuator on his 19t but a few people have recommended he changes it

because i'm using the Apexi boost controller instead of the standard ECU/BCS i've got very simple pipework on the turbo. I normally have the boost settings turned off so its running at the minimum pressure the 19t actuator will open at (0.7bar) & more than happy with that, the Apexi just monitors/records whats going on

9. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

joelounge (Friday 1st January 2010)

This user has no status

Thanks
    a couple of things.

get the car checked out properly by someone who actually knows what they're doing. i don't know much but the more i learn the more i realise i actually know jack!

if you put it on a roller and get the AFRs checked out then that's a good start. but you don't still know wether the cars just dumping fuel and backing the timing off. timing is pretty much as important as boost.

on T5D5 there was a rolling road day recently, the rolling road used was a maha. on the later cars you could actually get a printout of what the timing was doing. yours being a later car you might get the same kind of printout. it's not the only solution but it's the only one i know of.

also, and i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but if you're modding the car and you have an auto, get an external oil cooler for the gearbox. apparently it's quite simple to do and on the recommendation of someone like engineer (thats his username) you'd be mad to ignore it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to irf For This Useful Post:

joelounge (Friday 1st January 2010)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irf View Post
    also, and i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but if you're modding the car and you have an auto, get an external oil cooler for the gearbox.
    read post 30 mate

13. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

irf (Friday 1st January 2010)

Thread Information