Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: s70r tuning?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    can i use this?kkk k24 proted/polished turbo comes with all water/oil lines and new style intakepipe and new style pipe over the engine, dirct bolt on for a p2

does this bolt on me7?
    S70R Auto, Rica and other goodies!

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joelounge View Post
    can i use this?kkk k24 proted/polished turbo comes with all water/oil lines and new style intakepipe and new style pipe over the engine, dirct bolt on for a p2

does this bolt on me7?
    I think the oil & water pipes supplied with it will make fitting the turbo straight forward, but you will have problems with a downpipe as i think you'll need a custom one making, the up & over IC pipe is no use either as P2's have the ports on the side of the IC instead of the top & bottom like your S70

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not without a lot of work, as Pedro said.
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yeah just realised that 19t it is then....

also the turbo off of mine is that worth selling on?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    I think the oil & water pipes supplied with it will make fitting the turbo straight forward, but you will have problems with a downpipe as i think you'll need a custom one making, the up & over IC pipe is no use either as P2's have the ports on the side of the IC instead of the top & bottom like your S70
    The KKK24 is a bolt on turbo with the S60R manifold, and with the oil & water pipes supplied it will fit. I've seen 2 members here in Holland install a 19T downpipe on a KKK24 with no problems, so not sure if a custom one is really necessary. They did have to modify the intercooler piping as mentioned above.

Then there is another problem with that turbo. The 2 members that i'd mentioned all had a lot of problems with that turbo. The motronic 4.3/4.4 is to slow to control the quick spool up of the KKK24. They both didn't get good boost under 5500rpm, above that till 7000rpm it was fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibren V70R View Post
    The KKK24 is a bolt on turbo with the S60R manifold
    all the exhaust manifolds have the same head & bolt pattern so the turbo will fit with any of them, i've got a S60R manifold with my 19T. The only difference is the mountings for the engine heatshield, the end bolt couldn't be used to mount the 850 shield onto the S60R manifold

Then there is another problem with that turbo. The 2 members that i'd mentioned all had a lot of problems with that turbo. The motronic 4.3/4.4 is to slow to control the quick spool up of the KKK24. They both didn't get good boost under 5500rpm, above that till 7000rpm it was fine.
    if controlling the boost is a problem (don't know much about KKK's) then i'd suggest an aftermarket boost controller. I'm using an Apexi AVC-R which altho complicated can do alot more than the standard ECU & BCS
    Last edited by p fandango; Sunday 27th December 2009 at 13:38.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    and running the aftermarket boost controller hasn't effected the set up negatively? did you get it set up on a rr? had one on another car with two differen settings worked well.

Thanks
    and running the aftermarket boost controller hasn't effected the set up negatively? did you get it set up on a rr? had one on another car with two differen settings worked well.
    no its just the same as running a MBC, only giving you alot more control over it. You will still be limited by the ECU's boost limit tho. I set it all myself, i've got a couple of settings as well one aggressive & the other builds the boost up slower

9. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

joelounge (Sunday 27th December 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    cool.... what turbo is on my car as standard? is it an upgrade for any other cars? got the manifold just organising a reconed turbo and i've contacted tim for a throttle body... just need the down pipe! and racing cat! how weak is the auto box? is there any thing you can do to protect them a bit?

Thanks
    cool.... what turbo is on my car as standard? is it an upgrade for any other cars? got the manifold just organising a reconed turbo and i've contacted tim for a throttle body... just need the down pipe! and racing cat! how weak is the auto box? is there any thing you can do to protect them a bit?
    it'll be a 16t on an auto, & yes a normal 850 T-5 only has a 15g so you can sell it on.

i can't remember if autos are good for 300 or 350bhp, fitting an additional oil cooler will help also just keep on top of the fluid changes

what turbo you gone for? Hamish at HLM did me a very good price on my Ferrita 3" downpipe & 100cel cat

12. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    hoping to pick up a newly refurbed 19t off of t5d5. waiting to here back.....

i'll get in touch with hamish this week (if there open) then iam all set! who's best near me for remaps??

Thanks
    who's best near me for remaps??
    i don't believe in remaps so not the best person to ask lol. Not sure if Hamish has still got a map file for the 19t or not

This user has no status
    Thanks
    so are you running your bigger turbo on the standard settings?

Thanks
    so are you running your bigger turbo on the standard settings?
    yep

This user has no status
    Thanks
    so technically i can run a rica with a 19t and a 3 inch down pipe?

Thanks
    so technically i can run a rica with a 19t and a 3 inch down pipe?
    tbh its a tough call, yes i'm running that set-up (& more) on a stock ECU but at the moment i'm running a very low boost level to be on the safe side. What you'll have to watch for is how aggressive the remap brings the boost in if you intend to leave it being controlled by the ECU & BCS, as everyone knows the con-rods are the weak link in the engine chain & with the 19t having more strength to it will be easier to bend them.

Even if you do fit a EBC another thing you'll have to be wary of is the boost levels. With the RICA remap the factory boost limit (15psi) will have either been raised or removed, making it very easy/tempting to go excessive with the boost controller again ending in the con-rods going S shaped. Also you'll have to keep an eye on if the standard injectors can supply enough fuel to keep the right AFR's for the boost level you want to run. I've seen a duty ratio of 97% on my standard orange injectors & thats just running 10psi. Then its a case of bigger injectors which then means custom remap or Turbo Tuner ECU which is what i'm going for

If you do try it on your RICA remap i'd advice getting it dyno'd asap to make sure the fuelling is ok

to stop it sounding like a depressing "don't do it" post, my 19t running 10psi is a hell of alot faster & puts alot more of a smile on my face than the 15g did at 20.8psi

19. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i am going to check with hamish asap as he did the remap

Thanks
    i am going to check with hamish asap as he did the remap
    they did have a special remap for the 19t, but whether Hamish has still got access to it as it was when he was a RICA agent i do not know. Saying that Hamish has mapped Wobbly's C70 which is running a 19t so he'll be able to sort something out for you, better be safe than sorry

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok so i have the 19t and a me7 down pipe which i am going to get fitted. is there a special start up proceedure on a new turbo? anything i need to know before it starts?

just checked the boost it is at 1 bar at full boost and doesn't spike on gear change. going to see if i can get a second hand down pipe and cat but if not i'll buy one new....

thanks

Thanks
    ok so i have the 19t and a me7 down pipe which i am going to get fitted. is there a special start up proceedure on a new turbo? anything i need to know before it starts?
    no its just plug & play so to speak

just checked the boost it is at 1 bar at full boost and doesn't spike on gear change. going to see if i can get a second hand down pipe and cat but if not i'll buy one new....
    are you getting a new map for it or just running off your current one? 1bar on a 19t will give more power than 1bar on your current 16t because of the larger turbo the air isn't heated as much

FFM is running a standard downpipe & cat (& airbox) on his 19t & is very happy with it, i've been in the car & it still pulls amazingly well

Thread Information