Join Today

Thread: What to do ?

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks

Unhappy What to do ?

Evening everybody

Looks like my Head gasket has gone awry.

Thought i might just have had an air lock or a leak but i removed the top of the resevoir and the water rose and rose, it come out the top and emptied almost all of it so i filled it again, exactly the same thing happened

What do i do now ?

I havent got £450 to get it sorted, the more i drive the car the worse it will get

I need a car for work and to drive my mrs about for her Ann Summers and i really dont want to wreck my T5, but i need a car.

£450 is just far too much money this time of year, i havent been working much either as the agency seem to have died off, again!

Any suggestions

A very deflated

Lee

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    get a sniff test done on it and make sure its a head gasket fault, look on ebay for a run a round

SIGNATURE COURTESY OF STORM TROLL

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Evening everybody

Looks like my Head gasket has gone awry.

Thought i might just have had an air lock or a leak but i removed the top of the resevoir and the water rose and rose, it come out the top and emptied almost all of it so i filled it again, exactly the same thing happened

What do i do now ?

I havent got £450 to get it sorted, the more i drive the car the worse it will get

I need a car for work and to drive my mrs about for her Ann Summers and i really dont want to wreck my T5, but i need a car.

£450 is just far too much money this time of year, i havent been working much either as the agency seem to have died off, again!

Any suggestions

A very deflated

Lee
    av just had mine done m8 , nightmare cost be the best part of 600 but i had the head skimed and pressure tested new timen belt and pulleys and pvc system. its proberly carring all the 12inch black dildos pmsl

This user has no status
    Thanks
    First of all you need to be sure it's the head gasket. Any signs of misfiring, especially when cold (the coolant will bleed into the cylinder over night), you say the coolant is rising in the expansion bottle but is it also bubbling, does the coolant smell 'gassy', can you get a block test done that will detect exhaust gases in the coolant and is it possible to get a compression test done, any signs of spark plugs being 'steam cleaned'....sorry I'm rambling a bit now !

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i got one of those sniff tester some were lol need to find it out really, and a full bottle of fluid

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nobananas View Post
    First of all you need to be sure it's the head gasket. Any signs of misfiring, especially when cold (the coolant will bleed into the cylinder over night), you say the coolant is rising in the expansion bottle but is it also bubbling, does the coolant smell 'gassy', can you get a block test done that will detect exhaust gases in the coolant and is it possible to get a compression test done, any signs of spark plugs being 'steam cleaned'....sorry I'm rambling a bit now !
    No sign of a misfire, the water / coolant doesnt bubble it just rises and overflows and doesnt smell gassy, I told Adam at Readview what was happening and it was he who said most likely headgasket

Total price for head kit, skimmed, timing belt ( may as well when its off ) labour etc etc is £500, which i really cant afford

Id get the car fixed rather than buy a run about, why spend £500 on another car when thats what i need to fix the one i have

Plus Adam does brill loan cars so i would have one of them whilst mine was in the shop.

Have to see what i can sort out.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

Saab 9-5 aero stage 3
    Thanks
    you dont seem to be having much luck at the moment mate i hope things get better for ya soon

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i cant see what options you have unless somebody can lend you a motor till after xmas then get yours done

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    You could always have a look around for another engine, they seem to be getting sold for a lot less than what you'd have to pay to get your head gaskette done. You of course then have the problem of fitting it, however, if your mechanicaly minded then you should be able to manage that.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your car. Hope it all goes well in fixing the car and getting a permanent job. See if you can borrow that yellow one from RT mechanics...lol.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Just found this site: http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/Cars/Volvo/850/

They do all sorts including full engines.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Lee sorry to hear about your bad luck. If your interested I have a mate with a small garage set up. He has worked on volvo's before including mine and my mates c70. He is qualified and really good, all his work comes from word of mouth alone.
    He is also really cheap!
    If you want I could get a quote for you as I think it will be loads cheaper than what you have already been quoted. He also has a recovery truck if you didnt want to drive it to him. PM me if you want, cheers

1998 Toyota previa 2.4 LPG
    7 seats and still room for my dog
    Not as quick as my old t5 though!

God I miss her...

Thread Information