Join Today

Thread: T4 Hesitation

This user has no status

Thanks

T4 Hesitation

At low speeds my T4 has a hesitation. It feels like it's holding the car back at times and other times it's not as noticable. Any ideas?

The car sometimes starts a bit weakly, could these be connected?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Start with the basics.... spark plugs first, take em out and have a look, if they look old or damaged then replace them.

Weak starting is generally lack of spark, weak battery or weak spark plugs, this cold weather will show weak batterys up big time, so if your plugs are ok, then get you battery tested under load.

After that.... get the codes read.

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Air filter, plugs and leads, coil/distributor, cruddy injectors, not using V-Power or similar 99 octane fuel (not a fan of 97 octane on these cars - usually supermarket super unleaded: although I understand Tesco now do a 99 octane in some areas).

Air leaks on the induction system may cause these issues too.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks for that, gonna get stuff ordered and changed then hopefully that'll sort it

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Air filter, plugs and leads, coil/distributor, cruddy injectors, not using V-Power or similar 99 octane fuel (not a fan of 97 octane on these cars - usually supermarket super unleaded: although I understand Tesco now do a 99 octane in some areas).

Air leaks on the induction system may cause these issues too.
    It's always filled with V-Power. We've not got a lot of choice up here so it's either that or crappy supermarket garbage which is going no where near it.

I've got a few points to start checking on it so hopefully can get to the bottom of it soon.

Thanks for the help guys

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Check coil packs.

Mine used to do this and turned out to be a faulty connection on coil pack cyl no 3

This user has no status

Thanks
    Well it turns out the battery was goosed. Fitted a new one and no more hesitation. Still need to change plugs but it's running nicely now.

Thanks for the pointers

Thread Information