Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Missing Service History

I bought my car a 1995 T5 with little or no Service History,would Volvo Dealers keep a record of servicing? assuming of course it was serviced by Volvo, it seems to have started life as a Boots the Chemists company car,

T5R'ing
    Thanks
    well I gave my VIN to my local dealer and they printed off what they had on the system. I needed the radio code so I had all the docs with me at the time though, so not sure that will have had any bearing on things.

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
    well I gave my VIN to my local dealer and they printed off what they had on the system. I needed the radio code so I had all the docs with me at the time though, so not sure that will have had any bearing on things.
    it really does depend on how friendly you are with the dealer, i've had them give me radio codes for someone elses car with no documents, so service history will be no problem if your nice enough to them lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Any main dealer will get the history of the car but not what it required but only if the servicing was done by Volvo.
    Rufe might be able to help if you have problems,top bloke.

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    I asked Simon ( Rufe ) as i had no service history either and he kindly printed off what he could find and posted it to me FOC

I also tried to contact the last owner from the V5 but for some strange reason he sent me history for a S40 T4 instead

Im useless at service history, i should be keeping track of everything im doing but havent been

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Im useless at service history, i should be keeping track of everything im doing but havent been
    BT's service history & receipts lol

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Problem is Pedro i didnt get any S/H with my car, the only things i have are a slip of paper from Rufe, a few receipts from rufe and a rolling road print out

A lot of the stuff i buy is off PFS or Rufe and i dont get receipts of PFS

The previous owner Mr John Lyons-Talor from Southport promised to send me the S/H but still hasnt and ive lost his address.

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Problem is Pedro i didnt get any S/H with my car, the only things i have are a slip of paper from Rufe, a few receipts from rufe and a rolling road print out

A lot of the stuff i buy is off PFS or Rufe and i dont get receipts of PFS

The previous owner Mr John Lyons-Talor from Southport promised to send me the S/H but still hasnt and ive lost his address.
    i didn't get any history with Bonny, & tbh not really to bothered as i don't intend spending much on her (HID's possibly). I know what you mean about not getting receipts, my bro used to work in the local car accessory shop so i got everything at cost so got no paperwork for any of it (including all the old stereo gear)

Old Fart
    Weston on the Mud Somerset or in it if you get the tide wrong.
    Thanks
    Rufe very kindly printed out the service history Volvo have on Christine. The previous owner promised it to us but it never turned up.

So we have very little idea as to who did what to her and when.

But the service history will only be what Volvo have on the computers.
    “If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson (1778)

Did you know the EU says that you can't claim that drinking water prevents dehydration. So now you know for sure what many of have known for years that the EU is run by a bunch of nutters.

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Yeah likewise unfortunatelly

Just hope it doesnt scupper any future sale.

Saying that if your looking for a T5 then you " should " know what your looking at and be able to tell its been looked after

Thread Information