Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HLM remap

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I have no complaints about my HLM304 map- works very well on my V70T5 in conjunction with the other mods which include a MBC

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I had Hamish do the 280 HLM remap on my 200000mile 850t5 Auto. He was reluctant to run it on the rolling road due to the mileage, but i am 10000miles down the road and very happy with the results. it drives like a different car. No problems and you cant argue with the price!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Do they still do this for £150 very tempted

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    According to their website they do
    http://www.hlmtuning.co.uk/offers.html
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Sorry this wasn't an HLM remap. The base map was a Rica 19T map that Adam of Chip Tuning '£££££££ised', or perhaps he didn't. (Only Adam would really know.)

H
    Granted the map was from Chiptuning. Your disastrous venture with Adam (of Turbo Tuner USB fame)

But as to what it was... I've hard allsorts of tales (even from Adam) I'm Sceptical on the 19T map as even an ME7 Rica 19T map wasn't that bad on the AFRs and didn't keep triggering the ECU protection like mine did.

Once I got the MTE map on that turbo it all began to make sense. (and still does)

What I'm curious of is the ability to provide a suitable custom ME7 map for that Turbo.

Now it's mapped for water injection the top end is fantastic.

I'm just offering my experience to Storm Troll as he's looking for a similar unit on an ME7 car. (assuming it's this KKK/cut back 16T Hybrid) Having now done 80,000 miles with this turbo I'm probably in a better position than many to offer a genuine opinion of it's performance.

By all means get the turbo, but FFS get a proper map done. That way you can end up with 390 ft/lb of torque (528 nm) instead of the 308 ft/lbs (418 nm) with the crap map. (same car setup)

Torque in Nm not Ft/lb on graph below
    Last edited by Loadsamiles; Sunday 22nd November 2009 at 02:50. Reason: spelin

This user has no status

Thanks
    I talked to Hamish he seemed really helpful and I'm going to buy a remap from him .

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loadsamiles View Post
    I'm just offering my experience to Storm Troll as he's looking for a similar unit on an ME7 car. (assuming it's this KKK/cut back 16T Hybrid) Having now done 80,000 miles with this turbo I'm probably in a better position than many to offer a genuine opinion of it's performance.

By all means get the turbo, but FFS get a proper map done. That way you can end up with 390 ft/lb of torque (528 nm) instead of the 308 ft/lbs (418 nm) with the crap map. (same car setup)
    Cheers matey. I cant say im really that clued up to the inns and outs of what is needed for this and that... The numbers u quoted do look good... maybe u can PM me and let me know a little more about the water flow etc etc. as I want to get the most out of my car. BUT I dont really know much about whats needed. All I can really do is give it to teh person doing the car and pick it up after.... bit more info would be nice to know so I know what my options are to get the best out of it...
    Cheers

ST

This user has no status
    Thanks
    There you have it.

HLM get the thumbs up!
    Volvo 855 2.5 10v CD

Its got everything except a turbo - boo hoo...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    110% worth every penny.....................
    volvo Rehab

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm-Troll View Post
    Cheers matey. I cant say im really that clued up to the inns and outs of what is needed for this and that... The numbers u quoted do look good... maybe u can PM me and let me know a little more about the water flow etc etc. as I want to get the most out of my car. BUT I dont really know much about whats needed. All I can really do is give it to teh person doing the car and pick it up after.... bit more info would be nice to know so I know what my options are to get the best out of it...
    Cheers

ST
    No problem.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Mine was done by Chiptuning and seriously gets my vote, and now for £150 you can get a tuneup that sees off most Q cars. Who wouldn't?

What p's me off is they go to Hamish with a sub standard car that is running slightly under and then when they rolling road the car, it doesn't make the Wheel horse power and get sh***y about it. It has happened a few times I am sure. The rolling road means sweet FA unless you race the car, but what it does give is a significant boost, and more MPG and changes/holds gear (AUTO) better...

Make sure you do a Stage 0 tune before bothering with a remap.
    Last edited by Babybadger; Wednesday 25th November 2009 at 18:15.
    A 2001 Buell X1 Lightning now in sunny Tenerife and a Santa Cruz Superlight..yes I will get on it!
    Looking for a Honda Hornet CB600FS (fairing one in Blue) for the UK

Thread Information