Join Today
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: rica or bsr

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin850 View Post
    I normally stay out of these debates/arguements as it seems very obvious that some people just dont listen to any advice they're given regarding the dealings of HLM.
    However i have to say i find this site a bit of a joke!
    I'm all for free speech and the fact that everyone has their own opinions but how a forum can openly promote the selling of illegal remaps is beyond me!
    Whether you call them HLM/RICA/modified volvo maps/whatever, it doesn't change the fact that HLM are selling somebody elses maps without there consent, that in my eyes is stealing!!
    Colin,

They are not illegal copies, they are not somebody elses maps that I am selling without consent. They are master tuning files that I purchased from Rica Engineering a number of years ago. The fact that I am no longer the UK distributor and Roel Jr has a limited understanding of the English Language and the word 'genuine' is irrelevant I AM NOT STEALING. I have good title to these files and I shall continue to to sell them as I always have for what they are, and for what they are worth.

Regards,
    Hamish.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Colin,

They are not illegal copies, they are not somebody elses maps that I am selling without consent. They are master tuning files that I purchased from Rica Engineering a number of years ago. The fact that I am no longer the UK distributor and Roel Jr has a limited understanding of the English Language and the word 'genuine' is irrelevant ((WHAT DOES THAT MEAN][/SIZE])AM NOT STEALING. I have good title to these files and I shall continue to to sell them as I always have for what they are, and for what they are worth.

Regards,
    Hamish.

Would it not be the case as long as you were an agent you could use there software,a lot of companies work that way?.

This user has no status

Thanks

This user has no status

Thanks

Superb I wonder what Mr. Norchi has to say about £90 tunes from Sweden. I wonder if it is ripped MTE???

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I normally stay out of these debates/arguements as it seems very obvious that some people just dont listen to any advice they're given regarding the dealings of HLM.
    However i have to say i find this site a bit of a joke!
    I'm all for free speech and the fact that everyone has their own opinions but how a forum can openly promote the selling of illegal remaps is beyond me!
    Whether you call them HLM/RICA/modified volvo maps/whatever, it doesn't change the fact that HLM are selling somebody elses maps without there consent, that in my eyes is stealing!!
    Can I just add that as far as I was concerned these where not illegal copies or anything else of that ilk otherwise I would never of mentioned them. From the amount of controversy it has caused I shall certainly keep my mouth shut in future, far be it for me to try and save our members some money.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    From the amount of controversy it has caused I shall certainly keep my mouth shut in future.
    Probably wise as if someone were to go to HLM and leave with a melted piston (as some have) on the strength of your reccomendation it may leave a bitter aftertaste, particularly as they would then fall to the tender mercies of Hamish's aftersales service, which I believe consists of two words;

"**** OFF"

Still given Hamish's assurances I feel sure that the "**** OFF" you'll get will be second to none!!!!!
    Last edited by Tomcat; Wednesday 18th November 2009 at 21:13. Reason: Too long a post....Just removed all the dead space.

This user has no status

Thanks
    And so on and so on.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Can I just add that as far as I was concerned these where not illegal copies or anything else of that ilk otherwise I would never of mentioned them. From the amount of controversy it has caused I shall certainly keep my mouth shut in future, far be it for me to try and save our members some money.
    My comment wasn't directed at you inparticular. If in fact your statement about knowing nothing about it is true then its obvious you were only doing what you thought was best for the members.
    It was more aimed at the amount of people that have actually tried to defend the selling of these maps. Whether HLM claim to have bought the 'master' file or not, it doesn't change the fact that they are still being advertised as RICA maps when in fact RICA have nothing to do with them anymore.
    Do you think they'd have sold half as many maps if people didn't know they were originally a RICA map?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin850 For This Useful Post:

Loadsamiles (Wednesday 18th November 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    perhaps both of you can have a word with the moderator of your regular forum about removing this copyright infringement

LINK

which is even stickied
    LMAO..

Now thanks to your post there is also a linky from VPCUK to that pirate copy of a Haynes manual...

You've just done what you were critical of....

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loadsamiles View Post
    LMAO..

Now thanks to your post there is also a linky from VPCUK to that pirate copy of a Haynes manual...
    i'm sure with t5d5 being such an honest, genuine forum & with so many of its members/moderators being so concerned about Copyright that the thread won't be there for long

& if you believe that will happen theirs sometime for you to laugh at

You've just done what you were critical of....
    i haven't been "critical" of anything, if actually read it (another skill to learn) you would see i never stated any personal opinions in my post. I was merely pointing out the double standards/other intentions shown by some who come over here crying "he can't do that, poor Volvo tuners blah blah"

perhaps you should try & get all the Volvo tuners together & have a fixed price policy if you worried one might be cheaper than the other, or that a competitor can't compete
    Last edited by p fandango; Wednesday 18th November 2009 at 03:45.

This user has no status

Thanks
    My comment wasn't directed at you inparticular. If in fact your statement about knowing nothing about it is true then its obvious you were only doing what you thought was best for the members.
    It was more aimed at the amount of people that have actually tried to defend the selling of these maps. Whether HLM claim to have bought the 'master' file or not, it doesn't change the fact that they are still being advertised as RICA maps when in fact RICA have nothing to do with them anymore.
    Do you think they'd have sold half as many maps if people didn't know they were originally a RICA map?
    Colin,

When you sell your Volvo how are you going to advertise it?? You are not a Volvo Franchised Dealer you are not authorized by Volvo to use their name or mark.....So how are you going to sell it?????? Perhaps: For Sale Swedish Made Car name begining with V..... No your advert will read: For Sale Volvo 850 Genuine UK Car blah blah blah. Will you be breaking the law? No. Will this make you a crook? No. Will Car Dealers all over the country get upset because you are selling an old car cheap? No.

Regards,
    Hamish.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hamish For This Useful Post:

Loadsamiles (Thursday 19th November 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Colin,

When you sell your Volvo how are you going to advertise it?? You are not a Volvo Franchised Dealer you are not authorized by Volvo to use their name or mark.....So how are you going to sell it?????? Perhaps: For Sale Swedish Made Car name begining with V..... No your advert will read: For Sale Volvo 850 Genuine UK Car blah blah blah. Will you be breaking the law? No. Will this make you a crook? No. Will Car Dealers all over the country get upset because you are selling an old car cheap? No.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    Sorry but could you please explain the above as i find it no more than stupid comment and not helpfull.!!.
    Last edited by Jimmie; Wednesday 18th November 2009 at 11:03.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Colin,

Regards,
    Hamish.
    “What’s that got to do with the price of chips?"

My Wife Gives Me Sound Advice

99% Sound - 1% Advice

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Colin,

Regards,
    Hamish.
    What a load of rubbish!
    Thats just the sort of reply i'd expect from someone who's fallen down a rather large hole and his now trying everything he can to get back out of it!
    It has no relevance to anything at all.
    I didn't buy my car to make multiple copies of and then sell on for cheaper than the original.
    By selling my car i will not be taking any trade away from other dealers!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colin850 For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Wednesday 18th November 2009),T5-Andy (Wednesday 18th November 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Colin,

Regards,
    Hamish.
    LOL, now that is a poor effort at trying to justify selling copies of someone elses remaps! Good effort tho, try again.
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status

Thanks

£150

£150 pounds FTW......

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i'm sure with t5d5 being such an honest, genuine forum & with so many of its members/moderators being so concerned about Copyright that the thread won't be there for long

& if you believe that will happen theirs sometime for you to laugh at

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loadsamiles View Post
    i did notice its been un-stickied, its getting there lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Blimey! Only just read this thread and can't quite believe my eyes. It's really disappointing tbh.

Poor guy just asked for some advice regarding maps

Intellectual rights to anything copyrighted is a very sticky issue and one very close to my heart- as a professional musician and song writer my music gets downloaded, nicked and copied all the time. £££££ happens. Get over it people. My album costs 5 quid on iTunes and it still gets stolen ffs lol.
    My point is that people will not pay for something if they can get it for less or for sweet FA!

Pjay, just go get an MBC- far more fun than any remap and get the afr's set up on a good rolling road

edit: an afterthought- what sort of creative process goes into altering a software map on a car to make it the "intellectual property" of an individual/ company? This is a genuine question btw!
    Last edited by JelT5; Thursday 19th November 2009 at 08:42.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JelT5 For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Friday 20th November 2009),p fandango (Thursday 19th November 2009),pjaystar (Monday 23rd November 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i did notice its been un-stickied, its getting there lol
    Not looked too well then.

Thread Information