Join Today
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: rica or bsr

This user has no status

Thanks
    Anyone who doubts that;

1. Hamish does not sell genuine Rica products, and,

2. That Hamish claims to customers that what they are buying is a Rica product

Only needs to read "Bruce's Thread" in the event horizon at T5D5, it's all there including PM's.

your mars a welder

Thanks
    i do not know what exhuast to get or remap . but this make good readin never the less lol keep up the good work guys lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I cant see the problem, i have an HLM 280 £150 (for over a year now). It was sold to me as an HLM rica map, if they are illeagal copies then that is a different matter, but i bought it in good faith. It wasnt some backstreet deal, its advertised on his website. It is a great deal infact and my car goes like rocket. It also helps keep other peoples maps prices down on these old cars. If its dodgy then Hamish would have been stopped by now as this has been going on for over a year or so. Seems some people are bitter about something? As a customer i bought the remap in good faith for the best price, why would i go to another place and pay more for a similar thing just because HLM was too cheap?

Also If your car is running without any faults then a 280 or 304 wont damage your car as mentioned in another post
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leet5r View Post
    i do not know what exhuast to get or remap . but this make good readin never the less lol keep up the good work guys lol
    Lee,

I kind of understand why you say this 'makes good reading' - in the same way that people enjoy looking at pile-ups on the motorway I suppose.

I think it is all rather sad - poor old pjaystar came on here with a legitimate query, being a fairly new member he wouldn't have expected the response he has received. The thread he started has been hijacked by the 'RICA topic' mafia and he still hasn't been given much help by most members!

What kind of forum has this turned into?
    What sort of impression are we sending out?

On the one hand we have a current thread, quite rightly berating the attitude of the VOC towards a casual query, yet we produce this shameful 'Pavlovian' response to the word RICA!!

If this RICA/HLM/T5D5 saga was a soap opera it's fans would have deserted it in droves - the plot just repeats itself with each episode and the cast never changes - same old faces, same old lines!!

Cheers,
    John.
    Touareg 5.0 V10 TDI
    * WIDESCREEN NAVIGATION * 12 WAY ADJUSTABLE ELECTRIC SEATS * AUTOMATIC BOOT/TAILGATE * HEAT INSULATING TINTED GLASS * VAVONA WOOD TRIM * NAPPA LEATHER * DETACHABLE TOWBAR * PADDLESHIFT TIPTRONIC * 6 DISC CD * BLUETOOTH PHONE

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Okete For This Useful Post:

cameron (Monday 16th November 2009),claymore (Monday 16th November 2009),Flatout Phil (Monday 16th November 2009),Jamest5r (Monday 16th November 2009),JelT5 (Thursday 19th November 2009),jez.w (Monday 16th November 2009),pjaystar (Monday 16th November 2009),Tomcat (Monday 16th November 2009)

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Okete View Post
    Lee,

I kind of understand why you say this 'makes good reading' - in the same way that people enjoy looking at pile-ups on the motorway I suppose.

I think it is all rather sad - poor old pjaystar came on here with a legitimate query, being a fairly new member he wouldn't have expected the response he has received. The thread he started has been hijacked by the 'RICA topic' mafia and he still hasn't been given much help by most members!

What kind of forum has this turned into?
    What sort of impression are we sending out?

On the one hand we have a current thread, quite rightly berating the attitude of the VOC towards a casual query, yet we produce this shameful 'Pavlovian' response to the word RICA!!

If this RICA/HLM/T5D5 saga was a soap opera it's fans would have deserted it in droves - the plot just repeats itself with each episode and the cast never changes - same old faces, same old lines!!

Cheers,
    John.
    haha eastenders couldnt rite a script like this lol. haha a just hope the lad ends up this the exhaust and remap that he wants lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombatbomb View Post
    This is remarkably simple to deal with. An email received from RICA has been published several times on different forums, stating that any software purchased from HLM since some time last year under the name RICA is not genuine. Therefore, by default, it must be an unauthorised copy.

As has been said already, this is no different to supplying pirated copies of VADIS. If anyone posts questions about getting hold of VADIS on here, or how to obtain the passwords etc the mods immediately delete them. Odd then, that one of said mods repeatedly promotes the sale of pirated RICA software. Sounds distinctly like hypocrisy to me.
    Dear James Ross,

All that you have is an email from Roel Junior stating that we are no longer the distributors or agents for Rica Engineering.
    What I have agreed not to do is use the Rica Logo or name in any of my marketing or advertising. Which is fine as I no longer want to promote the Rica 'brand'.
    It would be misrepresentation not to sell these tunes as what they are: an ECM file that was modified by Rica Engineering for us.
    I purchased these files many years ago from Rica and have been using them as 'master' files for a number of years with Rica's knowledge.
    Rica do not hold any copyright on these files as they are a Volvo file that has been slightly modified by Rica.
    Selling a tune for a car that is now 12+ years old for £150 can hardly be described as a crime or scam. When others are recyclinging their tunes 100's of times for £300 a pop.

I have not broken any laws. Misrepresented any products or services. And the back up WE give with these tunes is far superior than anything you will ever get from Rica.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hamish For This Useful Post:

BruceT (Tuesday 17th November 2009)

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    That's that sorted then...........

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Dear James Ross,

All that you have is an email from Roel Junior stating that we are no longer the distributors or agents for Rica Engineering.
    What I have agreed not to do is use the Rica Logo or name in any of my marketing or advertising. Which is fine as I no longer want to promote the Rica 'brand'.
    It would be misrepresentation not to sell these tunes as what they are: an ECM file that was modified by Rica Engineering for us.
    I purchased these files many years ago from Rica and have been using them as 'master' files for a number of years with Rica's knowledge.
    Rica do not hold any copyright on these files as they are a Volvo file that has been slightly modified by Rica.
    Selling a tune for a car that is now 12+ years old for £150 can hardly be described as a crime or scam. When others are recyclinging their tunes 100's of times for £300 a pop.

I have not broken any laws. Misrepresented any products or services. And the back up WE give with these tunes is far superior than anything you will ever get from Rica.

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk
    Seems fair enough to me.
    Jez

C70 2.4T Manual

This user has no status

Thanks
    hopefully that will put this to bed

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaystar View Post
    And good Night!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjaystar View Post
    On the contrary, it's just the beginning...
    Factory White 855R : 2.5 Bottom End : Ported & Flowed Cylinder Head : TD04 19T Turbo
    VXR Injectors : ME7 Manifold : TWR Throttle Body : Blackbeast IC : AEM Progressive WI : Ferrita 3" Downpipe
    Milltek Cat-Back : BC BR Coilovers : IPD ARB : AP Racing Brakes : M56 & Gripper LSD

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Dear James Ross,

Regards,
    Hamish.
    www.hlmtuning.co.uk
    O RLY Hamish, is that right??

"...far superior"...hmmmm.....hmmmmm, I think you might just be contradicting the previous sentance there Hamish, yes, the bit where you say you "have not...Misrepresented any...services" because as far as I'm aware no other Rica retailer has the reputation you do for telling very disappointed (to say the very least) customers to "F**k off" is that the sort of "back up" you had in mind Hamish??? And when you say "What I have agreed not to do is use the Rica Logo or name in any of my marketing" why do you routinely, it seems, claim in e-mails that what you are selling is in fact a Rica map.

Now you cannot have your cake and eat it here Hamish, you're telling lies here, either the above is a complete tissue of lies, OR, e-mails you have sent to customers are filled with lies, which is it??

And while we're about it, what exactly is a Volvo 're-map' if not "a Volvo file that has been slightly modified"-so what you're selling is a copy of a Rica re-map then yes? Yet you clearly DO NOT have their consent to do so do you Hamish?

As for recycling tunes "100's" of times, no Hamish, stop trying to justify your behaviour by pretending that legitimate traders are somehow in the wrong here. How many re-maps do you sell a week? It's hardly as if people are queing around the block now is it?? So to have any hope whatsoever of recouping investments and funding future development one must be able to be sure that someone isn't going to start ripping off software and shifting it on through the back-door at unsustainable prices. Of course, none of this bothers you does it? Because you haven't developed anything have you? And when your half arsed efforts go tits-up, you resort to telling the afflicted to "F**k Off" whilst going around telling slanderous tales about them, isn't that in fact correct Hamish?

Just a few questions there for you Hamish, the ball is in your court, over to you then,

Regards,

Andy

This user has no status

Thanks

Hamish

I take it you have not got a hlm map in your car then Andy?
    Why do you dislike Hamish so much, hey people make mistakes dont they?

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    I reckon this thread must have been one of the most viewed for such a short period - worthy of note just for that - over 1000 hits so far. 18 people currently viewing it.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ITS BETTER THAN ANY SOAP ON THE TELLY lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by storming View Post
    I take it you have not got a hlm map in your car then Andy?
    Why do you dislike Hamish so much, hey people make mistakes dont they?
    You are very astute, no I don't.

Make no mistake, this is NOT personal but everyone here should be very wary of Hamish and his ilk, they WILL ruin the mapping scene, you may be aware that from the 2009 model year, Volvo (Bosch) ECU's have a full suite of security measures making tuning via the usual methods extremely difficult requiring huge sums in investment to gain access, why oh why would anybody make such an investment for what is after all a very small niche market when people are out there without any scruples whatsoever like Hamish who just don't care about the intellectual rights of the authors of this software???

Carry on and we'll all end up with either nothing or VERY, VERY little choice whatsoever, and when that happens-well no-one will be paying £150 per map nor £300, no when just one or two have the ability to produce this stuff you WILL pay £1000+, and just what is wrong with paying £300, it's hardly extortion is it? You pay more than that to insure your car EVERY YEAR without complaint.

As for people making mistakes, that is not the issue, it is what you do when you've made a mistake that is the measure of a man, and when tested Hamish was found to come up VERY short indeed.

Hope this answers your question, now if Hamish wouldn't mind answering mine?

Kind regards,

Andy

19. The Following User Says Thank You to T5-Andy For This Useful Post:

S70T5Chris (Monday 16th November 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks

Remap

I do not wish to be rude, but you can go out and buy a fair T5 for £300 pounds, so why buy a map for the car that is worth more than the car?

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by storming View Post
    I do not wish to be rude, but you can go out and buy a fair T5 for £300 pounds, so why buy a map for the car that is worth more than the car?
    Your reasoning is fatally flawed here, following your logic then, as the car deteriorates to scrap so you should be able to obtain parts for lesser and lesser amounts of money, but that just isn't so is it, you cannot pop down to your local Volvo dealer and plead that as the car only cost £300 they should sell you an engine for £200 can you?

No-one has a gun to your head here, if you chose to buy a £300 car that is your perogative but to measure the cost of tuning and performance parts against the cost of buying a 13 year old car is complete nonesense, it is I note, the oft wheeled out argument for the £150 tune but beware, it WILL cost us ALL dearly in the end if we go down this road, and for what?

£300 IS NOT a lot of money, doesn't matter what the car cost you, the product you're buying is still the same isn't it?

Kind regards,

Andy

This user has no status
    Thanks
    so why buy it for £300 its the same you just said

Saab 9-5 aero stage 3
    Thanks
    Not been on this forum long, enjoy coming on here because people seem really helpful an not bitchy like some other forums i have been on, was i wrong?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C70 GTT5 For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Thursday 19th November 2009),pjaystar (Sunday 22nd November 2009)

Thread Information