15 41.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    More cars than a Showroom
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abdul View Post
    is it auto or manual
    Auto couldn’t find a mint manual shame really that’s the only thing I would of had different
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status

Thanks
    if it was a manual then 110% dont sell keep it

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
    I guess I’m weird in that way about this car, I don’t think I will put it up for sale the car its self cost me nothing, I always wanted one I remember my dad taking a test drive of a brand new one when I was about 13 and it was brilliant. If I did sell it I would regret it straight away.
    I’m just looking into proper storage for it now, it’s only in a tiny council garage and I need something with some power so I can keep it warm and dry. Have no idea though.
    After reading this i am glad you didn't buy my R. I would have been gutted if i had known it was hardly ever going to be used.

Good luck with your decision....if i were you then i would start using the R before she seizes up and pay off your existing loan. Then you can enjoy her until your in a better position to really push the boat out and buy a proper R (like mine)
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If it were me as you asked, if I could afford it I'd keep the R and buy the new one. The reason for this is simple. If you consider the V70 like a big model and never really drive it then just keep it in mint condition cause at this stage it will never lose value and will now stay on a constant increase in value as they are now becoming more sought after and disappearing. Good luck what ever you do.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to volvoturboman For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Saturday 20th March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    and buy a proper R (like mine)
    LMFAO The proper R was made by Volvo.........yours is a FORD

SOLD

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterC1501 For This Useful Post:

MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 20th March 2010)

...here we go again...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC1501 View Post
    LMFAO The proper R was made by Volvo.........yours is a FORD
    Just because Volvo comes under the Ford umbrella doesn't mean it's made by them! It is still made by Volvo and using Volvo parts...Volvo would have it no other way. There is nothing Ford in my car.
    2014 V60 Polestar 6spd Auto :: Polestar map peak boost 17.4psi :: IPD 3" DP + 150cel :: Polestar 2.5" exhaust :: Paddle Shift Geartronic :: Black glass :: Maxton Splitter :: K+N Filter :: IPD Aluminium Top engine mount :: Brembo 6 pots :: 20" Polestar rims :: Brembo 371mm floating discs :: Sensus RTi + DAB + BT + WIFi :: D3S XENARC 6000k Active bending headlights

This user has no status
    Thanks
    After reading this i am glad you didn't buy my R. I would have been gutted if i had known it was hardly ever going to be used.

Good luck with your decision....if i were you then i would start using the R before she seizes up and pay off your existing loan. Then you can enjoy her until your in a better position to really push the boat out and buy a proper R (like mine)
    I am in a good financial position especially for my age, I would never live out of my means. My R gets run when it needs to it won't seize, the difference between my one and your one is mine will still be in mint condition when your one is on its second engine or even broken for spares. I can have my fun in my T5 and keep the R as a show piece.
    Thanks
    Martyn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 20th March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Smile

. Then you can enjoy her until your in a better position to really push the boat out and buy a proper R (like mine)
    Sorry mate but your head is so far up your own bottom with that comment. Anyone could go out and buy a second hand R like yours but most of us wouldn't because they are so unreliable.
    Volvokid has a beautiful c70 worth hell of a lot more than your so called proper R so i'm sure if he had of wanted to he could of purchased a far superior newer lower mileage example then the one you got but he had the brains not to.
    Just my opinion but the classic r like Volvokids is the original and in the condition his is in will be far more desirable in the future than your model. The poor sales of your r model show how unpopular they were in the first place hence why they are so cheap to buy.

Maybe i'm reading your posts wrong but the way i'm reading them since you have had your new second hand car it comes across like you think you or your car are better than the rest of us.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MIKESC70T5 For This Useful Post:

MisterC1501 (Sunday 21st March 2010),volvokid (Saturday 20th March 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,758 Times in 1,256 Posts

I would have thought if you were pushing the boat out you'd be talking something like a Cayman S, Mint Supra, RS4, M5 or Porsche 911?

I have business clients who think nothing of putting down 60 or 70k on a new motor - I'm afraid poor £££££££s like me and anyone else on here who hasn't ever spent more than 10k on purchasing a car will never be 'pushing the boat out' no matter how much you lay out on a 2nd hand Volvo.

PS - Volvokid - keep your car which is very cool - and pay off the loans
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Saturday 20th March 2010 at 15:02.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors
    Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post:

MIKESC70T5 (Saturday 20th March 2010),volvokid (Saturday 20th March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKESC70T5 View Post
    Sorry mate but your head is so far up your own bottom with that comment. Anyone could go out and buy a second hand R like yours but most of us wouldn't because they are so unreliable.
    Volvokid has a beautiful c70 worth hell of a lot more than your so called proper R so i'm sure if he had of wanted to he could of purchased a far superior newer lower mileage example then the one you got but he had the brains not to.
    Just my opinion but the classic r like Volvokids is the original and in the condition his is in will be far more desirable in the future than your model. The poor sales of your r model show how unpopular they were in the first place hence why they are so cheap to buy.

Maybe i'm reading your posts wrong but the way i'm reading them since you have had your new second hand car it comes across like you think you or your car are better than the rest of us.
    Hey Mike for your info the C70 is now on the road has been since the start of the month, so i'm finnaly enjoying driving it
    Thanks
    Martyn

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvokid For This Useful Post:

MisterC1501 (Sunday 21st March 2010),t5_monkey (Saturday 20th March 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hey Mike for your info the C70 is now on the road has been since the start of the month, so i'm finnaly enjoying driving it
    How are you enjoying the C70 now you've got it on the road - you got any mods in the pipeline yet??

I've seen a couple around they look proper smart.

BSR stage 3, BSR Stainless Exhaust, Vibratechnics gearbox Mount, OZ 17" Superturismo Alloys, Bell FMIC, LED Side lights, LED interior Lights, Tinted Windows, Eibach Sports Springs, K&N Air Intake, 3" Sports Cat and Downpipe, Debadged, EST Strut Brace, EST Grille, Black Moose Stickers, Bilstein B8 Dampers, Fully Polybushed, CC3 all round, CF Wingmirrors

This user has no status
    Thanks
    If it was my choice I'd always look to keep the car.

They'll be total classics soon & worth lots of money. Too many will be scrapped, abused or destroyed through accidents.

If you really still consider it your dream car, then why are you even contemplating selling her.

I'd try for the finance & keep it, or maybe try driving it.

You think I know **** nothing! But let me tell you I know **** all!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thebadger For This Useful Post:

volvokid (Saturday 20th March 2010)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 727 Posts

Smile

Excellent news mate. Have you had the chance to get the roof down? Down South we had lovely weather for a week but it's back to pooring down with rain again now.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
    How are you enjoying the C70 now you've got it on the road - you got any mods in the pipeline yet??

I've seen a couple around they look proper smart.
    Yeah I'm enjoying it, it isn’t as slow as I first thought it was. It's extremely quite, I love the sound system. I do find it un balanced when throwing it down a twisty road almost like an old 855 T5 but the C70 grips better, for a car that hasn’t got as much power as the old ones it torque steers a hell of a lot more, I never found that a problem in the old ones but it can be a hand full in this thing I guess its to do with it being a convert also it scuttle shakes from time to time. I do wish it had the older style C70 seats they look to be far more supportive. All and all though I am really happy with it there’s plenty of gadgets to play about with, its more of a cruiser than a sports car.
    As for mods I’m still going to go down the route I said to you before, Heico kit, exhaust, remap, induction kit and window tints I think that will do me fine maybe lower it at some point.
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Excellent news mate. Have you had the chance to get the roof down? Down South we had lovely weather for a week but it's back to pooring down with rain again now.
    Yeah I have and I got abuse shouted at me from some teens lol I'll never put it down when I’m driving round the town by myself again ha I felt like a plonker. I had it down when I drove into polished bliss a few days ago and it was good not too noisy I wasn’t cold at all and it was only 8 deg out side.
    I just have to find all the girls with it now lol that will be rite.....
    Thanks
    Martyn

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebadger View Post
    If you really still consider it your dream car, then why are you even contemplating selling her.
    I guess I wanted to see what everyone else would do, Its not the most sensible thing having 3 cars and I get the piss riped out me all the time for having 3 Volvos and being 24.
    Thanks
    Martyn

...here we go again...
    Thanks

Actually Mike, your right. After reading what i put it wasn't meant to sound like that at all. I pre judged his situation but based my reply on the mere fact Volvokid was wanting to or even thinking about selling his R. So, i apologise.

I will point out thou that after owning and running several 850's of all engine sizes including a T5 estate which i owned and cherished for over 4 years and also a classic V70R AWD (laser blue) - which i owned for 3 years and with absolutely any sum of money spent on her to maintain and restore to it's now 'Mint' condition then i think i know what i am talking about and have a right to say what i think about these cars. Yes i may well have sold the laser and bought an '03 R and you amongst others may think that was a poor decision to make. However, it was one that i didn't make lightly and after months of careful consideration decided to go for it.

No second hand car is going to be perfect and as for your comments saying the latest R is "so unreliable", well who are you to say that? I don't think you can comment unless you have actually owned one. I can tell you that the classic R was just as unreliable. For example...the door switches would continually not work properly, the prop shaft bearings would fail prematurely due to insufficient grease during manufacture, the rear wiper motor would seize, the hand brake is crap (even when new cables, discs, pads and handbrake shoes replaced), the car carries with it all the old problems from the 850, the auto boxes are rubbish (unless you get a good one like i did). I could go on but i won't because despite what people might say all cars have their gremlins, what matters is whether us 850, V/S70, C70 owners are prepared to spent money putting those gremlins at bay and fixing them when the gremlins raise their ugly heads!

I do not regret buying my latest R even if the CV's are about to explode. It is already booked into the garage and both front CV's are being replaced (even thou only one is knackered) on the 24th. The fact is the problems i had with my Classic R are no longer relevant in my current R. So far i absolutely love it and i reckon i will have her looking as good if not better than my laser by the end of this summer. She is just as versatile as my classic R but even better because she's a manual. She's Faster, smoother, more comfortable and the climate is much more powerful than in my classic.

Yes Volvokid may well have a C70 worth more than my R but i would expect it to be anyway seeing as his is an '08 plate car!!

As for your statement regards the poor sales of the late shape R..well that has nothing to do with reliability and everything to do with poor timing, a massive £40,000 price tag and the fact that by the time the late R came about people were becoming more eco friendly and wanted to spend their money on 60mpg cars not 25mpg R's.

For the record i do not think that my car or myself are better than anyone. However your opinion is just like everyone elses, including my own...an opinion. An opinion that people are free to share with everyone here. It does not mean you, me or anyone else is right.

I will see how desirable my R will be once it is in mint condition and i long for the days when all i have to do on a Sunday morning before i drive her are check the oil and rinse the dust off.....

...As for pushing the boat out, well most of us don't have 60k to buy a Porsche so spending any sum of money would be considered an investment. If it weren't then we wouldn't bother and we'd all drive round in £200 fiesta's.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeT5 For This Useful Post:

t5_monkey (Sunday 21st March 2010)

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    I think it's fair to say most people on the forum (who don't have a C70 or S60R already) would probably like to own one (myself included) as they are both very desirable cars in a slightly different way.

Cruising is underrated sometimes I think - I could get from A to B in a 1.6 just as quickly as my T5 98% of the time if I was determined enough, even if it is easy to get focused on exactly which car is 'slightly' quicker - that said the driver is usually the biggest factor - put Lewis Hamilton behind the wheel of a slower car on a track-day and he'll probably beat people in considerably better machinery.

I've read stories about some cars which are perfect (particularly the R) others which give loads of trouble - it seems like reliability is as much pot luck as the model of car you get sometimes?

Good on you Martyn for having the cash to run 3 cars, you must be doing well for yourself and working hard to pay for that.

If you go for a sports exhaust - get the middle box welded out, that will really raise the noise level on the car.

In my opinion - strut brace and rear IPD rollbar are the way to go first if you enjoy taking it out for a drive down the twisties.
    Last edited by t5_monkey; Sunday 21st March 2010 at 13:51.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Actually Mike, your right. After reading what i put it wasn't meant to sound like that at all. I pre judged his situation but based my reply on the mere fact Volvokid was wanting to or even thinking about selling his R. So, i apologise.

I will point out thou that after owning and running several 850's of all engine sizes including a T5 estate which i owned and cherished for over 4 years and also a classic V70R AWD (laser blue) - which i owned for 3 years and with absolutely any sum of money spent on her to maintain and restore to it's now 'Mint' condition then i think i know what i am talking about and have a right to say what i think about these cars. Yes i may well have sold the laser and bought an '03 R and you amongst others may think that was a poor decision to make. However, it was one that i didn't make lightly and after months of careful consideration decided to go for it.

No second hand car is going to be perfect and as for your comments saying the latest R is "so unreliable", well who are you to say that? I don't think you can comment unless you have actually owned one. I can tell you that the classic R was just as unreliable. For example...the door switches would continually not work properly, the prop shaft bearings would fail prematurely due to insufficient grease during manufacture, the rear wiper motor would seize, the hand brake is crap (even when new cables, discs, pads and handbrake shoes replaced), the car carries with it all the old problems from the 850, the auto boxes are rubbish (unless you get a good one like i did). I could go on but i won't because despite what people might say all cars have their gremlins, what matters is whether us 850, V/S70, C70 owners are prepared to spent money putting those gremlins at bay and fixing them when the gremlins raise their ugly heads!

I do not regret buying my latest R even if the CV's are about to explode. It is already booked into the garage and both front CV's are being replaced (even thou only one is knackered) on the 24th. The fact is the problems i had with my Classic R are no longer relevant in my current R. So far i absolutely love it and i reckon i will have her looking as good if not better than my laser by the end of this summer. She is just as versatile as my classic R but even better because she's a manual. She's Faster, smoother, more comfortable and the climate is much more powerful than in my classic.

Yes Volvokid may well have a C70 worth more than my R but i would expect it to be anyway seeing as his is an '08 plate car!!

As for your statement regards the poor sales of the late shape R..well that has nothing to do with reliability and everything to do with poor timing, a massive £40,000 price tag and the fact that by the time the late R came about people were becoming more eco friendly and wanted to spend their money on 60mpg cars not 25mpg R's.

For the record i do not think that my car or myself are better than anyone. However your opinion is just like everyone elses, including my own...an opinion. An opinion that people are free to share with everyone here. It does not mean you, me or anyone else is right.

I will see how desirable my R will be once it is in mint condition and i long for the days when all i have to do on a Sunday morning before i drive her are check the oil and rinse the dust off.....

...As for pushing the boat out, well most of us don't have 60k to buy a Porsche so spending any sum of money would be considered an investment. If it weren't then we wouldn't bother and we'd all drive round in £200 fiesta's.
    I think you should read through all this again, since what Mike commented about and your reply to this, is exactly the same! How was it phrased again........"so far up your own bottom........." yeah, that sounds about right

SOLD

Demented Tonka Toy
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterC1501 View Post
    I think you should read through all this again, since what Mike commented about and your reply to this, is exactly the same! How was it phrased again........"so far up your own bottom........." yeah, that sounds about right
    Hey c'mon give him a break - he does drive a proper R unlike most of the rest of us

Thread Information