Join Today

Thread: CD changer

This user has no status

Thanks

CD changer

My car is eating my Cd's!! So far 2 cd's have disappeared from my changer and are no where to be found - where on earth are they??

Help!

x

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Have you tried the washing machine socks disappear there too

Or down the back of the sofa..

'plays imaginary drum kit.. badum csh!'

Have they somehow slipped in between the slots for the discs? Dont even know if thats possible? Have they gone all together? Hopefully they havent been nicked somehow..

If only I gnu how to.. Oh ive done that one..
    V40 T4

Apart from my dignity and self respect, I have nothing to lose

OTBC

This user has no status

Thanks
    LOL!!

Nope, I have checked that there isn't 2 cd's in one slot and had a good hunt round in the actual changer bit but they have disappeared!!

An error message came up on the stereo bit so I went for a poke about and found a cd missing! Was perplexed but thought maybe I was going mad and there were only 5 cd's in the changer anyway so slotted it back in......Lots of grinding noise later I popped it back out and low and behold I was down to 4 cd's!!! Am I loosing my marbles or does my car have a secret compartment that I dont know about where it store stolen cd's LOL

x

This user has no status
    Thanks
    How bizzarre.. I dont know the mechanics as Ive not seen the unit youve got but is it possible it is taking the disc from the cartridge and not properly mounting it on the player spindle, and its falling off within the casing somehow?
    V40 T4

Apart from my dignity and self respect, I have nothing to lose

OTBC

This user has no status
    Thanks
    We had a golf that ate two cds never to be seen again.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thats not good cos its nicked the 2 cd's that i only just bought!!

x

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sorry to hear the munchkins aka gremlins in the CD player have munched your latest 2 CD's....though little tip...I only play my "backup" CD's in the car...perfectly legal to copy a CD for "backup" purposes.

As has been mentioned I dont know what CD changer you have and I have no idea of your technical ability being new here...however if its like mine you should at least be able to shine the torch in there for a shufty and probably remove the cover easily enough....good luck.

I have been unfaithful to
    Volvo twice since joining this
    forum but it's only for more
    than 5 pots nuf said
    Thanks
    Your Cd Changer jammed up with an error message on me before I took it in to part ex with Julian Gerrard!
    I asked you about a year ago if you had any problems!
    I know Julians lad had it strippped down and fixed while I was sorting out the paper work as it had jammed shut and managed to get all my CDs out and fixed it too.
    Hopefully a strip down might sort it out as I thought it was a knackered last time and he obviously sorted it, fingers crossed for you!
    2004 V50 T5 SE

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lance
    Your Cd Changer jammed up with an error message on me before I took it in to part ex with Julian Gerrard!
    I asked you about a year ago if you had any problems!
    I know Julians lad had it strippped down and fixed while I was sorting out the paper work as it had jammed shut and managed to get all my CDs out and fixed it too.
    Hopefully a strip down might sort it out as I thought it was a knackered last time and he obviously sorted it, fingers crossed for you!
    Cheers Lance! its been 100% up until yesterday when it started to steal my cd's - I'll let Justin have the priviledge of stripping it down for me LOL!

x

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Empty the cartridge and try sticking it back in and ejecting again.

When the changer plays a CD it removes the disk from the cartridge and places it on to the mechanism ready to play. Sometimes they forget to stick the CD back into the cartridge.

With a bit of luck sticking an empty cartridge in might prompt it to get the disks out.

Regards

Andy

This user has no status

Thanks
    Cheers Andy!

Justin had a bit of a mare with it at the weekend and has had to strip it down to get the cd's out......Now just got to find out how much its going to cost to fix!

x

Thread Information