Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

40mm lowering kit from kalmar union?

I have just purchased a 40mm drop kit for the 850 from kalmar union (£107 inc vat)

Just a quick question on the rear springs, is it possible to compress and remove the rear springs without too much hassle? i.e not dropping the whole rear axle out????

J5
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status

Thanks
    Which kit did you get? What are you doing with the old R springs? Could possibly be interested in them if they are in decent condition and at the right price.

Dunno if you can remove the springs in the way you suggested. Does your car have nivomats? That could make a difference to your answer.

Ed

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Which kit did you get? What are you doing with the old R springs? Could possibly be interested in them if they are in decent condition and at the right price.

Dunno if you can remove the springs in the way you suggested. Does your car have nivomats? That could make a difference to your answer.

Ed
    Not got nivo's, and never fitted the springs cos they were standard ones, the guy who sold them on ebay didnt know what he was talking about lmao! anyway they were only £10 so nothing ventured etc etc lmao
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status
    Thanks
    rear spring removal...... undo the nut on the bottom of the mount, undo the nut holding the bottom of the shock to the rear subframe. Release the shock from the bottom, after wiggling & jiggling the spring should come out without spring compressors etc. Refit is also possible without compressors. Did mine last week.
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Yep - as the man says. Easy as pie to do the rears
    Alastair
    Current: 2009 Cayenne GTS and a 2016 Prius IV... yes.
    Previous Volvos: 2009 V50 D5 R-Design, 2005 V70R, 2001 V70 T5, 2001 S40 T4, 2x 1999 S40 T4, 2003 V40 T4, 1999 V70 T5, 1996 854 T5 & 855 T5, 1995 855 T5, and a 480...
    Previous other stuff: Saxo Turbo, 2004 996 C4S, 2008 Z4M, 2001 Yaris T-Sport, 2002 S2000 Mugen, and a 1999 Evo VI

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks guys! Yeah job done! Undone the lower shock nut, jacked up the body at the back and slipped them out! Nice and easy! Not so for the fronts grrrrrrrr i HATE using spring compressors period! But anyway, fronts done now! Sits much better now! And it clears the speed bumps im my area 2!
    I do have now though 2 whole sets of springs for an 855, so any offers for them????

Regards
    J5

Thread Information