Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Volvo 855 rear lamp replacement

My 855 rear lamps have turned whitish. Have just purchased new lamps. How do I remove the old lamps and replace them with the new ones?

Thanks.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    855 the estate? If so remove speaker in the pillar and lower plastic trim (need to move carpet to gain access if i remember right), remove upper bulb holders then light cluster, i used 8 or 10mm deep socket, can be a pain with 2 or 3 nuts (its been a while since done it). Remove lower bulb holder then remove nuts again, only this time much more of a pain to get nuts out.
    Then just refit new ones.
    Hope this helps.

This status has no user
    Thanks
    There's a couple you won't get to with a socket, So if you have to use a spanner, Trust me and tie a piece of string to the end of it.

Current Chariots...
    Micra K11 'project sh*tbox'
    V70 D5 daily
    1991 Transit Recovery

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi. I managed to get to all the nuts with a socket and some wobbly extesion bars (right pain in in butt) Its a fiddley job but not to hard. One thing I do remember is when you put the new lamps on put the bottom ones on first as the top ones over lap the bottom. If you put the top ones one first you cant get the bottom ones on. That did not make me laugh having to loosen the top ones
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

Thread Information