Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status

Thanks

yes, yes and yes!!!...they're a real giggle; A to B it's a quick as anything really, but the best thing for me is how such a big car seems to 'shrink' around you when you start slinging it about..
    I play with the body roll, try to keep the motor spinning in the 'meaty' bit and avoid having to jam the brakes on hard wherever possible but it's just so much damn fun to drive!
    Mechanical issues? We'll see soon enough, I'm sure: I have abused it a bit (who doesn't like the noise these things make when you gas it away from the line and the tyres are scrabbling for grip?? ) so my wallet prolly deserves a good spanking..
    I'm really looking forward to getting Carlos back on the road, really I am...but the Volvo gets 'used' and used well..ours is a proper workhorse and round sunny(!) Oxfordshire it sure works well enough!

This user has no status

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by LeeT5 View Post
    I agree Jacko. When i had my T5 i used to be replacing the front tyres every 10k...

Now the tyre wear is even and a slow process. Happy days. Less trips to Elite for new tyres.
    Its a good point about the tyres, I have covered 80K+ miles in my R-AWD and am on number 10th tyre, i.e. I have gone through 10 tyres, and the current 4 (included in the quoted 10) are all at 6mm, so all in all it consumes less tyres than a T5, so it works out cheaper on tyres than a T5!!
    2000 V70 R AWD Laser Blue, Phase III Classic 1 of 33

This user has no status

Thanks

Talking

[quote=jez.w;265525]
    Quote Originally Posted by muscas View Post

Mines No#2659 grey, i have had it 5 years or so, it was completely standard when i got it. Its now had full engine rebuild and new hybrid turbo, gearbox overhaul, ozzy decat pipe, full mongoose exhaust, tein coil overs, performance clutch, polly bushed suspension etc etc. Mechanically its just about there, i have had a few problems with the charge cooler (error 54) but its seems ok at the moment.The body needs sorting as its a bit scruffy now, i have brand new front wings for it and it needs a full respray, the front is stone chipped badly too. It did 180000miles on its original engine so it done well. Its also been a very reliable car. I will try a post a picture if your interested.
    Yes please!, please post up the pictures of your Carlos Sainz, I would very much like to see them. I will always have a soft spot for a CS. It was one of those cars I always wanted. I sold a Mitsubilshi 3000GT 4WD/4WS to buy the CS, and the CS was way way better.
    2000 V70 R AWD Laser Blue, Phase III Classic 1 of 33

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muscas View Post
    Its a good point about the tyres, I have covered 80K+ miles in my R-AWD and am on number 10th tyre, i.e. I have gone through 10 tyres, and the current 4 (included in the quoted 10) are all at 6mm, so all in all it consumes less tyres than a T5, so it works out cheaper on tyres than a T5!!
    I have to replace mine every year. I usually get them done around this time of year, just before winter sets in. I'm looking at Vredestein Quatracs at the moment as the ones I've got on now were cheap, and are terrible.

And don't worry Tig, it'll soon hit you LOL, in fact, its probably a good idea to get the connecting sleeve replaced now (£80), as otherwise it wears the gearbox output shaft out like mine did, then its a new gearbox (£200)
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'll add that to my list ;-)
    and I'll get some pics of my Carlos up too...pretty good spec so far :-)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I knew nothing about AWD and just wanted some opinions from people who have owned and driven them.

Now all I need to do is find a car!

Thread Information