Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Stiff accelerator pedal

Went to Durham on sunday to pick up a 1998R V70 T5 for my brother which has a fair few issues that are sortable but one thing is that the accelerator pedal is very stiff and after driving it the 140 miles back to Hull my bro said his leg was fecking killing him. The seller suggested it may be something to do with the throttle cable but i thought they didnt have them on these and were fly by wire or would that just be my V70 98S 2.5T?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My R did the same thing, a cable kindly supplied and fitted by Al115 on here sorted the problem and the car was even quicker than it was before,

normally 98 r plates are 4.4 motronic throttle body and throttle cable along with coil leads and rotor arm,

the 99 S plate cars are as you say like your 2.5 with coil packs and an etm,

Gary.

ps if you need any bits get in touch as i am having a big clear out
    V40 2.0T Sport Lux Titanium grey,(03) 133k,standard
    Yamaha R1 5VY,(06) 180bhp/165whp,100nm

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siamblue View Post
    My R did the same thing, a cable kindly supplied and fitted by Al115 on here sorted the problem and the car was even quicker than it was before,

normally 98 r plates are 4.4 motronic throttle body and throttle cable along with coil leads and rotor arm,

the 99 S plate cars are as you say like your 2.5 with coil packs and an etm,

Gary.

ps if you need any bits get in touch as i am having a big clear out
    I never realised how awful the throttle was on the T5 until I got the R, so may have a fiddle with that to resolve it.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Some people hate to see you
    doing well. They are losers...
    Thanks
    try fittin a 960 throttle housing, then talk to me about horrible throttle movement....

ON or OFF, that's your movement.....

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingFridgeMover View Post
    try fittin a 960 throttle housing, then talk to me about horrible throttle movement....

ON or OFF, that's your movement.....
    But I have a handsomely toned right leg in consequence - it is quite in demand for right-leg body-doubles in the movies
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Wierdly beardly

Thanks
    I changed my accelerator cable 2 weeks ago as it was very stiff and obviously corroded. Took about an hour all in and the result is superb - MUCH lighter action and it makes the car feel very nimble A pretty straightforward job too.
    Currently - '96 850R auto

Previously - '97 S70 T5 manual, '98 V70R AWD auto, '98 V70R Auto in Nautic Blue Mica with LPG (went to Germany!), 1996 850R Auto, lots of various 940s, 960s and a crappy 850 2.0

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thought my '98 V70 was getting sluggish and I was getting weak in my old age!, but changed the accelerator cable and it was like driving a new car - very responsive, light to the touch (by comparison) with a very slight improvement in fuel consumption probably due to better control of right leg muscles! :-)

Thread Information