Join Today

Thread: Very upset :(

This user has no status
    Thanks

Very upset :(

I went to give my T5 a quick wash over yesterday, even though it was only done a few days ago, to discover that it had been "attacked" on the bonnet with something, looked like someone had taken a scourer to it My car is not in pristine condition but its not bad and these scratches stood out like a sore thumb as they were over a large area. Thankfully hubby managed to get rid of them with some TCut but I would love to catch whoever was resposnsible - grrrr !!!! probably won't though and just hoping it doesn't happen again.

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    I know what you mean, there's nothing worse than finding unexpected damage on your car. I washed mine a couple of weeks ago and found some chips in the paint just in front of the sunroof, looks like someone has chucked a stone at it while it's been parked in the driverway.
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

How do i change my avatar!
    bummed

Thanks
    sorry too hear that, its probably down to jealousy, the pr*cks!, Happened to my dad couple of years ago, he had a bm m5 on a 53 plate, some bright spark ran there keys up the bonnet over the roof then down the boot, its jealousy!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Few years back some git 'egged' my old V70 - you wouldn't believe the damage to the paint-work, needed a full respray of roof and bonnet - had to go thru insurance, my premium still reminds me every month!
    Last edited by princepugh; Monday 5th October 2009 at 11:29. Reason: grammar
    Princepugh

V70 T5 P2

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Some one nicked a set of wheels of my car. I found out who the guy was. I went and found him and found a quarry not far from where I lived and with the use of a Hilux and a toe rope around the neck (the dummy actually thought I would do it!) I got my wheels back the next day! Never had my car touched since!
    It's mint spent a fortune love it but I can't afford to buy the oil field to go with car!!

This user has no status

Thanks
    i hate that my next door neighbor has acat that likes to sit on my bonnet every time i see it it runs but one day i am going to catch it and let my german shepherd play with it

NOS
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,341 Posts
    i know how u feel mate come back to my t5 to find a 3" key mark on the wing would love to get my hands on the B???????????????

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    My neighbours cats keep lying on the bonnet when its warm, they leave lovely little scratches and paw prints all over the place

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    i hate that my next door neighbor has acat that likes to sit on my bonnet every time i see it it runs but one day i am going to catch it and let my german shepherd play with it
    I think you wrote 'likes to sit'? That's spelled a bit like what all the foxes and cats in the neighbourhood do just about everywhere round my motor.

My old mate Syd had a can of brake fluid tipped (by a disgruntled person) on his 2002tii - not good.

Then there was a friend who was caught at naughties by his girlfriend. She modified his immaculate Manta A-series with a ball-pein hammer - several dozen times on every panel.

And as I mentioned some months ago, my friend John who was somewhat startled to see a young woman take what we call a pony in these parts, on the roof of a Porsche during a Stop the City demo some years back.

And this morning I went out to discover that having valeted my wife's Golf, that the door was ajar. Some toe-rag had been into it and pulled out the glovebox and ashtray etc looking for valuables. Luckily I had removed EVERYTHING yesterday. Forgot to lock the blighter. Ho hum.
    Last edited by Flatout Phil; Monday 5th October 2009 at 14:55.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

Trader
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Paw prints add character,besides,at least while the cats are there the mice wont be coming in and chewing through your wiring harness

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    My neighbours cats keep lying on the bonnet when its warm, they leave lovely little scratches and paw prints all over the place

11. The Following User Says Thank You to readview For This Useful Post:

JelT5 (Monday 5th October 2009)

Needs more boost
    Thanks
    you could just do what my old german next door neighbour used to do,
    the sneaky german would wire up his taxi to mains every night to catch thieves.
    that would definatley stop the brillo-pad wielding vandals

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hehe - like that one

This user has no statues
    Thanks
    Had the bonnet of my first E30 smacked by a hammer once by some knut, right where I couldn't push it out.. Last year a load of cars round my area were pelted with flour and tomato sauce. Mine was covered! little chavvy scumbags.

Not as bad as one area in York, near on every car down one road had all their tyres slashed every night for three nights.. and a few had mirrors removed etc. A machete and a few pounds of salt would come in handy if they were ever caught.
    Not a '97 V70 T-5 CD Auto, Black, Black leather anymore..
    replaced a Mercedes S202 C220 Cdi diseasal Now scrapped!! (best place for it, it was crap!)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    had yoghurt on my bonnet once. it got baked on in the sun. took the paint down to bare metal. strange thing is, it didn't go rusty either.

Thread Information