Join Today

Thread: My old motor

This user has no status
    Thanks

My old motor

Ok so i bought my old T5 back from sidney on friday,what a nightmare of a journey down there.
    Drive back was alot better though.
    Well cleaned her up today and took some pictures.

Still not shaw about the bonnet vent....lol
    Also need a few questions answered,the screw thing at the right hand side of the fuel rail does that need to be done up tight?
    And also the revs seem not to drop quick out of gear and also idles over 1k on and off,ive cleaned the idle control valve and adjusted the throttle cable as it was lose,also the ecu wasnt in the car when i got her so ive only run around 200 miles on it.

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Looks nice and shiney. Regarding the bonnet vent if it were me I would probably take it off, I know it's different but it looks a bit....

Gun Metal Grey - Volvo 850R - Saloon
    Thanks to Russ and team www.rtmechanics.co.uk

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndysR View Post
    Looks nice and shiney. Regarding the bonnet vent if it were me I would probably take it off, I know it's different but it looks a bit....
    Its not that simple to take off,theres a hole in the bonnet for it lol,will probably spray in the same colour as the car as see what she looks like then.

Some people hate to see you
    doing well. They are losers...
    Thanks
    the screw thing at the end of the fuel rail that looks like a bike tyre valve, is where you would plug a fuel pressure gauge in, the cap is just a dust cap.

Mine seems to hold the revs for a little longer than it should do, I've never thought it was a problem.

and the ecu's can take a little longer than 200miles to acclimatise...

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingFridgeMover View Post
    the screw thing at the end of the fuel rail that looks like a bike tyre valve, is where you would plug a fuel pressure gauge in, the cap is just a dust cap.

Mine seems to hold the revs for a little longer than it should do, I've never thought it was a problem.

and the ecu's can take a little longer than 200miles to acclimatise...
    So the cap needs to be tight on the rail?

Thanks
    yeah, like the dust caps on your wheels.....take it off and look in there, you'll see what I mean....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulZX For This Useful Post:

Rnash2002 (Sunday 4th October 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Looks very nice matey. Love the colour.......

I agree with you on the bonnet scoop see what it looks like painted......
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

VPCUK Car of the Year 2013
    Jim
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,549 Posts
    Ahh know this car well mate, them wheels will need a refub cos they were my mrs before and she abused them think she was having an affair with the curbs outside the house!!

DON'T undo the fuel rail cap unless your ready with a cloth underneath as fuel will escape.

As for the ecu why was it not in the car?? it did have a rica 304 in there, has he put the standard one back in??

The inside of your cold air intake system will need replacing as its knackered this might help the rev problem

Have a chat if we can get a meet for this parcel shelf sorted you got my number

T35, 556Nm/410lbft & 361BHP/317WHP

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    ahh know this car well mate, them wheels will need a refub cos they were my mrs before and she abused them think she was having an affair with the curbs outside the house!!

Don't undo the fuel rail cap unless your ready with a cloth underneath as fuel will escape.

As for the ecu why was it not in the car?? It did have a rica 304 in there, has he put the standard one back in??

The inside of your cold air intake system will need replacing as its knackered this might help the rev problem

have a chat if we can get a meet for this parcel shelf sorted you got my number
    wat the f**k are you on about theres nothink wrong with that air intake

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamest5r View Post
    Ahh know this car well mate, them wheels will need a refub cos they were my mrs before and she abused them think she was having an affair with the curbs outside the house!!

DON'T undo the fuel rail cap unless your ready with a cloth underneath as fuel will escape.

As for the ecu why was it not in the car?? it did have a rica 304 in there, has he put the standard one back in??

Have a chat if we can get a meet for this parcel shelf sorted you got my number
    the dust cap at the throttle cable end of the fuel rail???

Mine don't even have a cap lmao

it's a dust cap

Thread Information