Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

drivetrain shudder/stuttering ?

hiya guys

on my 2.4t i sometimes get a heavy juddering from the front axle area.. its like the power is stuttering and the front of the car shakes a bit. Also, with the passenger window wound down I can hear a rortaional metal scraping sound which is quite loud.

The problem is intermittent, sometimes its not there and also sometimes when im driving it just goes away like a switch has been clicked. Its more at low speed as well. Once on a dual carriageway or at higher revs it goes away. And finally, if parked, in neutral, its still there so that probably rules the gearbox out.

I would appreciate any pointers/advice on this ? My first thought was misfire but i am getting noises from the axle and it also seems to be getting worse or more common. Note that itys nothing to do with the brakes or braking.

regards

Rich
    Last edited by jackal2513; Saturday 3rd October 2009 at 12:54.

This user has no status

Thanks
    guys.. im thinking its ignition because it suddenly goes so it cant be mechanical wear to say driveshafts or bearings

throttle body was done recently as well and had new spark plugs

so maybe its the coil pack or HT leads ?

any ideas ?

Thread Information