Join Today

Thread: lowering

your mars a welder

Thanks

lowering

i have a t5r with a -40mm sring kit on it and the front sits how i want it to , the back is still a tad to high , hw would i get the car to sit lower at the back , would i need to upgrade the shockers aswell or can you get a 60mm sring kit . cheers lee

This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by leet5r View Post
    i have a t5r with a -40mm sring kit on it and the front sits how i want it to , the back is still a tad to high , hw would i get the car to sit lower at the back , would i need to upgrade the shockers aswell or can you get a 60mm sring kit . cheers lee
    Lee....

Some people have "cut" off a coil or 2 from the springs to get that "extra" low look..... But i personally wouldnt recommend it, you have to be very carefull that the springs still sit in the locating cups top and bottom.
    HTH

J5
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Lee....

Some people have "cut" off a coil or 2 from the springs to get that "extra" low look..... But i personally wouldnt recommend it, you have to be very carefull that the springs still sit in the locating cups top and bottom.
    HTH

J5
    yeah i dont want to do that cos a drive preety hard anyways like lol so a think that would cause problems lol, al try and hunt a 60mm sring kit

This user has no status

Thanks
    chop one coil off, the coil will never come out ive chopped 2 off mine and its still tight in the cup and mines sits perfect 40mm springs

Trader
    No Longer a trader.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,791 Posts
    Mine have been cut down on the back but I don't know by how much, the springs still sit in the cups, however if you jack it up you need to make sure the springs sit properly when you lower it back down again. The springs are 40mm Eibach's, I still have Nivomats on the back so I don't know what it'll be like when I repace them,lol....

http://www.airbrushartists.org/Gal72..._s_Gallery.asp

Currently rocking Volvo's finest V70R 2WD Manual

Previous cars:
    1996 855 T5 (Ex Police),1996 854 T5,1996 855 T5,1995 855 Black T-5R,1996 960,1997 855 R

your mars a welder

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Mine have been cut down on the back but I don't know by how much, the springs still sit in the cups, however if you jack it up you need to make sure the springs sit properly when you lower it back down again. The springs are 40mm Eibach's, I still have Nivomats on the back so I don't know what it'll be like when I repace them,lol....

i like the way yours sits , av still got the titans on like. a think a might try 1 full coil off like see what happens lol

This user has no status

Thanks
    there piss easy to do, dont even need to take the wheels off, chop one off both sides to start with and work ya way up,lol

Thread Information