Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Thumbs up Calling all southeast members to a DYNO day ;)

Ladies n Gents

I have managed to secure a substantial discount for VPCUK members at Gerald Dale Motorsport in Sussex!

Gerald has agreed to let me organise a DYNO day/session which i have provisionally booked for SAT 10th Oct at 10AM

Link to his site is here ... http://www.geralddale.co.uk/

He is willing to run each car 3 times (proving run and 2 power runs, with printouts) for £25! per car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But............... and heres the BUT! We will need more than just me to turn up lmao!
    So volvics at the ready (Or anything else you'd like to run) Lets make a day of it!

Cheers

J5
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status

Thanks
    I would but its an absolute mission for me to get there

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Shame.... Good price i got for us tho eh?

J5
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status

Thanks
    I'm working, what numbers does he need to run, what Dyno, max BHP, Autos, 2wd/4wd, does he do AFR and Boost plot? there's nothing on web site, and I know local place to me is cheap, but very limited on what they can test/print out/and would only do cars upto 200BHP, as is mainly used for tuning cars with carburettors

Its a bit out in the sticks (nice roads to drive at night), I have driven past many a time going to friends in Bexhill.

If they can run decent power, with AFR/Boost plots then probably worth posting on VOC/T5D5 as well, to try and get more interest (its next saturday)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I'm working, what numbers does he need to run, what Dyno, max BHP, Autos, 2wd/4wd, does he do AFR and Boost plot? there's nothing on web site, and I know local place to me is cheap, but very limited on what they can test/print out/and would only do cars upto 200BHP, as is mainly used for tuning cars with carburettors

Its a bit out in the sticks (nice roads to drive at night), I have driven past many a time going to friends in Bexhill.

If they can run decent power, with AFR/Boost plots then probably worth posting on VOC/T5D5 as well, to try and get more interest (its next saturday)
    Cookie, Im going to ring Gerald tomorrow and get some info from him, i think its only 2wd, but defo turbo/ forced induction cars..... Not sure on the BHP limit though. But i will ask. He will run anything from 1 car to a max of 20

J5

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
    Ladies n Gents

I have managed to secure a substantial discount for VPCUK members at Gerald Dale Motorsport in Sussex!

Gerald has agreed to let me organise a DYNO day/session which i have provisionally booked for SAT 10th Oct at 10AM

Link to his site is here ... http://www.geralddale.co.uk/

He is willing to run each car 3 times (proving run and 2 power runs, with printouts) for £25! per car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But............... and heres the BUT! We will need more than just me to turn up lmao!
    So volvics at the ready (Or anything else you'd like to run) Lets make a day of it!

Cheers

J5
    Hi John,
    I can't do that day - may be tricky for a few weeks with kids birthdays and more importantly sister-in-law in Cambridge taken a serious but anticipated turn for the worse (withdrawing chemotherapy - this is basically it) so need to be around for bro. If I can, will still get mine done locally probably during half-term week. Sanspeed only RR during the week anyway - and £80 so you have a great price there.
    I hope you get some takers on that one. Well done for organising it. Hope to get down to Brighton at end of October so may give you a shout.
    Cheers,
    Phil.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout Phil View Post
    Hi John,
    I can't do that day - may be tricky for a few weeks with kids birthdays and more importantly sister-in-law in Cambridge taken a serious but anticipated turn for the worse (withdrawing chemotherapy - this is basically it) so need to be around for bro. If I can, will still get mine done locally probably during half-term week. Sanspeed only RR during the week anyway - and £80 so you have a great price there.
    I hope you get some takers on that one. Well done for organising it. Hope to get down to Brighton at end of October so may give you a shout.
    Cheers,
    Phil.
    No probs m8. Hope all goes well. Must be a worrying time 4 u all? Be gud to catch up in the 1/2 term

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny5 For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Friday 2nd October 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi Jonny

Thats a nice event to arrange i would come if i could what make of rollers do they have ?

Russ
    LOOK at our project :
    http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16301
    591 BHP 524 Ftlbs torque so far
    The Most Powerful T5 in the UK

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hi guys

I havnt had time to contact Gerald Dale today, so i have sent them an e-mail with the questions asked!

I will post up the reply asap

J5

This user has no status

Thanks
    Sounds a good idea but i think you probably need to give a bit more notice to get a few people together, i know Ninfield my Folks live about 30 mins away. I am working Sat 10th October, if it could be arranged for a later date i would bring my V70R but its AWD so if it 2wd rollers i'll bring my E39 M5. £25 is cheap !

Cheers Simon.
    BMW F80 M3 & modded 854 T-5R

this member hass no status
    Thanks
    interested, but depends on garage reply

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Im still waiting for a reply from Gerald Dale motorsport as to the questions asked...

Whatever happens im going, so if anyone else can make it, would be good to see ya!

J5

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RT MECHANICS View Post
    Hi Jonny

Thats a nice event to arrange i would come if i could what make of rollers do they have ?

Russ
    Russ

God knows what type of rollers m8y! Still waiting for a reply!

John

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Guys.......... I have heard back from Gerald dale....

His dyno is a sun ram 11

Good for 300 BHP

2 WD only

Auto ok

Printout for BHP and Torque

See you there sat! lol

J5

This user has no status
    Thanks

Unhappy @@@ cancelled @@@

sorry guys. Gerald has cancelled 2morrows session. I will re-book with him. With a longer notice period. J5

Thread Information