Join Today
    This user has no status

Thanks

Help! Diagnostic Code advice needed

Hi all,

Well the story goes...bought s60 2.0T a while back and had timing belt changed by DPA in Notts.

When picking the car up the yellow engine management light comes on after driving for 10 mins or so but car continues to drive ok...I look to see if any messages pop up on the display but nothing.

Take car back to DPA thinking it must be something to do with the cambelt being changed (maybe something left loose). He reads the code and it pops up with the a message/code relating to 'air con compressure pressure' and he resets the code and out goes the engine management light. I thought nothing of it as the air con was low and needed filling up.

Next day the EM light comes back on! Grrrr! Eventually go and get aircon filled up to the point where its blowing nice cold air but the EM light wont go out.

Take it back to Dave DPA and he resets light again - same code being read.

Anyway I have been living with this for a while up until Ive managed to get hold of a code reader which throws up only one code;

code P0016 - Cam/Crankshaft Pos. Correlation Sensor A-Bank 1
    or crank and cam out-of-sync

Now I'm thinking that the light came on just after getting timing belt changed and this code relates to the cam/timing being out. Not sure why Dave's huge blue expensive diagnostic tool is reading a completely different code.

But anyway, has anyone had timing issues with their volvo? Im thinking of taking it back to Dave and showing him what codes being brought up and that my initial thought seems to eb correct as something hasnt been put back right after the timing belt change.

The car seems to be driving fine but after a quick google search on cam/timing problems, people talk of missfires and power and torque being decreased around the rev range.

Any ideas/advice would be great. Just hope Dave isnt too busy to have a look as I did bring this up when the timing belt was first changed but always get the feeling mechanincs never think theyve not done something properly and quickly point out another problem. As much as he is a top bloke...and it doesnt help when is mega expensive diagnostic tool points to a completly different issue.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Not a clue mate but can i have the codereader after you pls i did send you a pm.
    Living the volvo dream!!

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    The code reader at DPA might use generic codes (for example one on mine the other day was MAP sensor circuit, and my engine doesn't even have a map sensor, its actually the atmospheric sensor) so you have read the volvo one.

Anyway, found this

http://www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=17046.0

and this

http://volvoforums.com/forum/showthr...t=10019&page=2

Its got some possible causes.

Good luck
    Last edited by Dangerous Dave; Thursday 1st October 2009 at 22:38.
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dangerous Dave For This Useful Post:

uzyg (Thursday 1st October 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sen View Post
    Not a clue mate but can i have the codereader after you pls i did send you a pm.
    Replied to your PM
    Last edited by uzyg; Thursday 1st October 2009 at 23:07. Reason: mistake

Thread Information