Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Volvo has a stutter

Just happened tonight on the way home. My V70 10v 2.4 classic is stuttering like its about its run out of petrol. It has done this before and I changed the ignition cables about 2 months ago. I know the car needs a service so can you tell me if requiring plugs would cause this effect. I'm servicing it myself in 2 weeks time but may have to change the plugs tomorrow so can you advise me what plugs I require and what make is the best. I'm a fan of Bosch's stuff, are these the best and what type. It has also got very thirsty since MOT down to 25.5 mpg from 27.9 mpg. Its a 1997 if that helps. Cheers guys!!!

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Hey buddy............yep,plugs could do it.. Have you had a look at them yet? Mine has NGK R BKR 7EVX and am told (on here) that it's a recommended plug. Possibly a slightly different one for yours not being the T5 though....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlanG For This Useful Post:

volvoturboman (Wednesday 30th September 2009)

Balder than My Tyres...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 711 Posts
    Friend asked me to check the flatspot on his Manta A many years ago. Found a handkerchief in the air inlet of the filter box! Could be a clogged air filter. Plugs likely - they take a hell of a battering in any car. Amazes me how long they last considering. A long time since I had a non-turbo but Bosch always work well for me. Usual checks really, ignition cap not covered in oil etc.
    KISS Rs

850R manual, Rica 310, IKEA fitted bathroom, H&C running water, Jetex 2.5", pipe rack, cap stand, Forge BOV, circular wheels with full 360 degree rotation, 302mm discs, IPD front and rear anti-roll bars, numerous shiny features, sub-atomic particle accelerator, VTOL capability ...Volvo With Attitude!!!
    Also to be seen in a gold Honda CR-V these days...

"It's really fast, and growls like a tiger!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flatout Phil For This Useful Post:

Glad im Back -D
    Thanks
    Blocked injectors

Mine was exactly the same.

Try some injector cleaner ( Forte ) before forking out big money for parts not really needed

1998 C70 T5 GT Auto, 68k, FVSH, Immaculate inside and out, only mod - poly top mount, its Yellow and no pete i didnt paint it, lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cameron For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Hey guys cheers. Its due a service as I say anyway so will be getting new sparkies. I drove it today and although the slight miss was there it wasn't as bad so can maybe live with it for a week or two as I don't cover huge miles anymore. When I'm servicing I'll be fitting a new air filter anyway and I'll put someinjector fluid in too. Even if it ain't blocked injectors although thinking now thats very possible, but it won't do any hrm if there not. So guys thanks as usual you have came through for me and pointed out a few things I never even thought about.

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to volvoturboman For This Useful Post:

Flatout Phil (Thursday 1st October 2009)

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    had a problem stuttering n missing on t5 the other day fitted new plugs huge improvement but still had a blip n a cough on tickover turned out to be the coil was shot. £82 for a bosch item from euro prats

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5seaterT5x2 View Post
    had a problem stuttering n missing on t5 the other day fitted new plugs huge improvement but still had a blip n a cough on tickover turned out to be the coil was shot. £82 for a bosch item from euro prats
    Had thougt on that and was praying it wasn't lol

in dilema near ilford
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volvoturboman View Post
    Had thougt on that and was praying it wasn't lol
    could see it arcing out down the back of the coil on mine, look under bonnet in the dark you will soon see if it's the same as mine good luck hope you get it sorted

Thread Information