Join Today

Thread: s40 diesel

This user has no status
    Thanks

s40 diesel

i fancy one of these for my commmute to work.can you get one for about 1500 quid?and are they any good?

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Actually mate, I've been looking at one to and yeah can be picked up for that cash. Don't know how good they are but eager to hear more.

As the T5 came to a lonesome end

Its just the V70 2.5 10 valve SE, pictured here with the 2 people that make life worth living, my babies.

Needs a wash Image taken in the beautiful Malin head, Irelands most northerly point.

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Depends on the age and the engine, if you get the 115bhp engine then I think you'll be happy both with performance and economy, around 48mpg in my v40 with all the mods and a full car.
    Look out for all the usual stuff steering and susp knocks, aswell as turbo leaks, if the cars standard you will know if the turbo is working well, engine should be fairly quiet aswell.
    "I am never wrong! Just in a position to learn something new!"
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    thanks. im going to see one tommorow.is there an easy way to tell what bhp the engine has?iv been stung with this before with a passat tdi that turned out to be 90 bhp and cronik..

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    D4192T3 is the engine code (part of the chassis number) for the 115bhp models AFAIK, it is true for my 115bhp model!
    Sorry if this reply is a bit late just logged on mate. How did you get on?
    Mods so far, HLM ReMap, Goodridge brake lines, Eibach springs lowering 35mm, K&N57i filter with cold air, Strut brace, Shark fin aerial, Boost guage
    YES IT'S A DIESEL
    Wish list, BOV, 18" rims, Struts, Stainless exhaust, Injector Upgrade, MORE POWER!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    got it.its the 115 aswell.your right its quite quick and quiet.i was quite into it today till i broke down.according to my mate i have a fuel guage that tells lies..

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie69 View Post
    got it.its the 115 aswell.your right its quite quick and quiet.i was quite into it today till i broke down.according to my mate i have a fuel guage that tells lies..
    Glad to hear you got a good one, except for the fuel guage. I've got some spare clocks going cheap if you need them, what age is your motor?
    YES IT'S A DIESEL

This user has no status
    Thanks
    2001.you can tell theyre not proper volvos though.apparently theres a filter on the fuel sender guage in the tank that gets clogged.i might try and get it out and give it a clean.

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    There is a valve in the fuel tank but no filter? the fuel filter is under the fuse/relay box in the engine compartment. Take the top off to check if fuel is coming through. If it is then the fuel filter housing will be full. Hope you get it sorted soon.
    Enjoy the motor.
    I'm glad to see another member on the Dinosaur fuel ;D
    YES IT'S A DIESEL

This user has no status

Thanks
    S/V 40's seem to have a thing with fuel gauges, if its got the trip computer, just use that for the miles to 0

This user has no status
    Thanks
    whats the best way of getting one of these chipped?is it just one of those boxes you get on ebay?

Singing in the rain!
    Thanks
    Nah mate, don't do it I've heard horror stories. the ebay boxes just fool your ecu into thinking that a sensor is giving an untrue reading and your ecu then has to overcompensate for false info. a full remap is best.
    YES IT'S A DIESEL

Thread Information