Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This user has no status
    Thanks
    Has anyone on the forum had these crack, i have a very heavy right foot and have had no problems just what to know if this has happened to anyone, been in to tuning cars for years and have never seen or heared of this happening. I have seen plain disks with hair line cracks but never seen one come apart.
    RNLI Train One Save Many

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 850 Skye View Post
    Has anyone on the forum had these crack, i have a very heavy right foot and have had no problems just what to know if this has happened to anyone, been in to tuning cars for years and have never seen or heared of this happening. I have seen plain disks with hair line cracks but never seen one come apart.
    my EBC turbo groove (grooved & dibbled) discs were covered in hairline cracks & i don't use the brakes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

850 Skye (Wednesday 30th September 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p fandango View Post
    my EBC turbo groove (grooved & dibbled) discs were covered in hairline cracks & i don't use the brakes
    EBC Says it all ive not got a good word to say about ebc disc's to be honest, tarox are a much better product. As pedro says ive had ebc on 3 of my cars over the years fitted by previous owner's i must add and all of them have ended up with hairline cracks one being very bad on a cossie.
    Living the volvo dream!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sen For This Useful Post:

p fandango (Wednesday 30th September 2009)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    my EBC turbo groove (grooved & dibbled) disc's were covered in hairline cracks & i don't use the brakes
    Just been out to check my car you have got me worried now, they seem to be fine and i have done about 6,000 pretty hard miles on them. What cause's the cracks to much heat or is it manufacturing defects.
    RNLI Train One Save Many

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    Just been out to check my car you have got me worried now, they seem to be fine and i have done about 6,000 pretty hard miles on them. What cause's the cracks to much heat or is it manufacturing defects.
    i think it was more manufacturing faults. I'd got the turbo groove discs as a free upgrade after i returned the plain EBC discs, which were covered in hairline cracks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to p fandango For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Well mine where the ultimax black's which are the better ones they do allegedly and they still had cracks granted the car was 430 bhp @tw.
    Living the volvo dream!!

This user has no status
    Thanks
    i think it was more manufacturing faults. I'd got the turbo groove disc's as a free upgrade after i returned the plain EBC disc's, which were covered in hairline cracks
    I am thinking that maybe the cheap disks i got of (m-tec100) ebay are not sure a good idea now, seeing as how the ebc you had cracked and they are a big manufacturer.
    RNLI Train One Save Many

This user has no status
    Thanks
    I am thinking that maybe the cheap disks i got of (m-tec100) ebay are not sure a good idea now, seeing as how the ebc you had cracked and they are a big manufacturer.
    Don't think because ebc are a big manufacturer that they are great mate that aint always the case mate.
    Living the volvo dream!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sen For This Useful Post:

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My brakes are Jacobs Crackered and the vibration from the rear is so bad when they get hot it shakes the car that much the cd stops! I was going to order those discs myself of there some dot 5 silicone brake fluid and some soft pads not hard other wise there wooden pads are so cheap you could by a set every 3 months if you wanted. Let me know how you get on.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Granted i am going to stick with them for now, and they do look great behind my wheels.
    RNLI Train One Save Many

New Identity
    Back in an AWD....Oh the grip!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 2,051 Posts
    Wahey, another guy with Persus wheels on!
    1996 Olive Green 850 AWD - Follow the Project - Forged rods, 19T, big blue injectors, 960 TB, 3.25" MAF, Ostrich, 608 binary, arduino data display, active exhaust control with Focus RS tips, 320mm front brake conversion.
    1996 Nautic Blue 850 AWD - Failed its MOT, now it's a donor for the green thing.
    2004 Sapphire Black S60 D5 - The new daily hack.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Granted i am going to stick with them for now, and they do look great behind my wheels.
    I've got EBCs on my V70 and they're absolutely fine mate- given them nigh on 4k miles of abuse now and no problems. Highly recommend the yellowstuff pads to go with them- no fade when hot and bite well when cold too

Thread Information