Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

Auto gearchanges

Could somebody please put my mind at rest about the smoothness of automatic gearchanges. At partial throttle openings the changes are very smooth but on a private test track, in sport mode with my foot flat to the floor, the change between 3rd to 4th is harsh. A bit like just dumping the clutch on a manual. If you lift just ever so slightly before it wants to change it seems OK. My wife tells me I am being paranoid about the car and have been since I got it 2½ years ago! ( Its a 96my 855 t5)

This user has no status
    Thanks
    my 850 auto duz EXACTLY the same thing!!! Please someone give an answer to this!!!
    .....sooper moose. '97 850R manual. Yum yum.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    My V70's box is generally really smooth BUT occasionally throws in a harsh gear change- not sure why this is; probably my driving style
    Now you've mentioned it, I'll check out 3rd to 4th over the weekend at WOT and throttle slightly eased back and report back.
    Sorry can't be of more help at the mo!

This user has no status

Thanks
    all them horses its gonna jult a bit!!I quite like the feeling

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Mine does the same aswell......
    It's a ROCKET PROPELLED ARMCHAIR, and I LOVE IT
    Current mods :ZTRONS cd/dvd touchscreen headunit, Clear side repeaters, Zenon effect headlamp bulbs, Equus turbo boost guage, Front strut brace, R-SPEC MBC, NGK Iridium 10 plugs, 40mm lowered springs, Powerflow 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust ending in a 4' outwardly rolled tailpipe ("Volvo's....... Theyre boxy, but theyre good")

This user has no status
    Thanks

Talking

Mine does it from first to second when I floor it..
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    The fact that other people have the same thing happening on their car makes me feel reassured and not as paranoid as I did. The problem I have with the T5 is that after having been driving for 37 years this is the only car I have owned that I still want to just go out for a blast around in despite having had it for over 2½ years. So when I think something is wrong I become a real pain in the a**e for everyone at home.

This user has no status
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Major Frank Squiff View Post
    The fact that other people have the same thing happening on their car makes me feel reassured and not as paranoid as I did. The problem I have with the T5 is that after having been driving for 37 years this is the only car I have owned that I still want to just go out for a blast around in despite having had it for over 2½ years. So when I think something is wrong I become a real pain in the a**e for everyone at home.
    Same ere mate......
    Cheers Mark..........
    EBC DRILLED GROOVED DISCS. EBC GREEN STUFF PADS. AIR CON REMOVED. TWIN EXIT EXHAUST. BLACK MESH GRILLE.GREEN PAPER AIR FILTER. FRONT SPLITTER. POLY TOP BUSH.V70 REAR LAMPS
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
    http://www.r2rc.co.uk/landing/index.htm

This user has no status
    Thanks
    my v70p1 has the same quirk mate, I wouldn't be worried mate

1998 Toyota previa 2.4 LPG
    7 seats and still room for my dog
    Not as quick as my old t5 though!

God I miss her...

Thread Information