Join Today

Thread: Parrot Kit

This user has no status

Thanks

Parrot Kit

Have to say a big thanks to some of you guys for answering some of my previous questions-so here is another one!! lol

My car has a built in phone but I have to take the sim card from my phone and fit in the holder in the glovebox which is a pain in the neck when jumping in and out of the car so I had a parrot kit fiited.

Great piece of kit but they had a problem when installing it. It should connect to the existing audio cables and the incoming call should come through the cars speakers but my car has a factory fitted amp so they couldn`t connect it through the cars radio. They fitted an external speaker and mounted under the dashboard in the passenger side,behind the soundproofing cover. Great idea, but at motorway speeds it`s a wee bit hard to hear. My car has a centre speaker on top of the dashboard but I never use it as I feel the audio is better with it turned off.

Now,here`s the question - can I use the centre speaker as the speaker for my Parrot kit?

Obviously I would have to dis-connect it from the rest of the sound system but,as I said earlier,I don`t use it anyway.

It would be handy if I could as it`s right in the middle of the dashboard and should be a lot easier to hear!

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks

Stevie

This user has no status

Thanks
    yes you can as the 5.1 is controld by the amp/radio cheers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ctautos@btinternet.com For This Useful Post:

joemaxi (Monday 21st September 2009)

This user has no status

Thanks
    Thanks!

Got it sorted today and wired through the dashboard speaker and it works great!

Thanks for your help!

Thread Information