Join Today
    This user has no status
    Thanks

throttle position sensors

could someone please tell me where to find the throttle position sensors on a 2000 c70 t5
    thanks

This user has no status
    Thanks

on the throttle body i think.
    which is located below the intake manifold...
    you gota remove the intake manifold to get to it

whats the problem your having with it

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yeah i knew there is one on the throttle body and also one on the pedal but was wondering where about on each i want to give them a clean as they are bringing up a fault code and in hoping a clean might post it

This user has no status

Thanks
    if its 2000 then its ME7 so you won't its got an ETM, I assume is fluctualting at Idle or hunting

This user has no status
    Thanks
    yes it is me7 and it has had the etm issues done already and it has to have throttle position sensors otherwise the throttle body would.nt know where the throttle was

This user has no status

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by callyuk View Post
    yes it is me7 and it has had the etm issues done already and it has to have throttle position sensors otherwise the throttle body would.nt know where the throttle was
    As I understand it, the throttle pedal is a potentiometer, and everything else is in ETM

there is (I'm almost 100% certain) No throttle position sensors (accesible/servicable/replaceable) as system is ME7

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok so if it has no sensors to tell how far your foot is to the floor how does it know you are pushing the pedal at all let alone how far you are pressing it? and why also would throttle position sensor be being bought up on the fault codes

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    ok so if it has no sensors to tell how far your foot is to the floor how does it know you are pushing the pedal at all let alone how far you are pressing it? and why also would throttle position sensor be being bought up on the fault codes
    the sensor is on the foot pedal. It detects how much your pushing the accelerator down, then totally ignores it & the (ME7) ECU opens the ETM module as much as it wants too lol

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ah some sense at last. the sensor on the pedal where abouts is it located on the pedal

a 19t just isn't laggy enough
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 4,072 Posts
    ah some sense at last. the sensor on the pedal where abouts is it located on the pedal
    looking at the pic Cookie posted it looks like the sensor is actually part of the pedal, or vey close the hinge point atleast

This user has no status
    Thanks
    right will have to take a look when i get chance

This user has no status

Thanks
    right will have to take a look when i get chance
    are codes from a generic code reader, as some codes come up wrong (or translate to nearest generic code), when compared to the BSR ppc code reader/VCT etc wich give volvo specific codes

I think that you will find that the throttle pedal is little more than a potentiometer (variable resistor - similar to volume control on a radio), you may be able to clean tracks/contacts/whatever is inside (although never heard of anyone trying or needing to do so B4) ECU takes that resistance and modulates ETM butterfly accordingly, dependant on feed back from a million other sensors, there isn't a direct correlation between throttle and ETM other than what is programmed into ECU.

As I understand it, the Software upgrade effectively reduced the sensetivity of the ETM so reduced the 'fluttering' that caused the erratic idle etc.
    Last edited by cookie; Tuesday 8th September 2009 at 19:56.

This user has no status
    Thanks
    ok so here a bit of a story behind it. the car suffered with the etm issues goingback about twelve months ago so went into volvo dealer and £163 later came out running fine 7 months down the line the erractic idle starts btw its auto if that makes a difference. codes where bought up not sure on the syatem used i was persent as this is my father in laws motor he tells me that faults where throttle position sensor and missfire on number 1 cylinder missfire was down to coil so this was replaced and codes reset cars runs fine for another couple of weeks before erratic idle returns codes read again and has bought up throttle position sensor but again i dontknow what code system was used.

Thread Information