Join Today

Thread: Immobiliser

This user has no status
    Thanks

Immobiliser

Hi, several weeks ago my baby threw my keys on the ground and my remote casing got broke & I could no longer attach it to my key ring. I know I should have replaced it there and then but for various reasons never got round to it ( I have now ordered a new one from pfv) Anyway, today whilst out I lost my remote in the grounds of Knebworth house !!!! As you can probably imagine I panicked big time but fortunately we re-traced our steps and eventually the remote was found. My question is this - I know the alarm would have gone off as soon as I opened the door with the key but would the vehicle have been immobilised too ?

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks
    If the same as the 850 then no.....It's a transponder so the chip is in the key. Will start but the alarm will sound..

This user has no status
    Thanks
    Thanks thats handy to know - so if the worst had happened and I had not found my remote at least I would have been able to drive home

Suspended
    This user has no status

In the Scottish boonies,at the bottom of a pint tumbler..
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmastiffs View Post
    Thanks thats handy to know - so if the worst had happened and I had not found my remote at least I would have been able to drive home
    Noisily!!

This user has no status
    Thanks

Question

My 1998 v70r's remote would not unlock the doors reciently so i used the key, the alarm went off and the immobiliser kicked in! i could not start the car but eventually the keyfob worked again and i was able to drive it home where i replaced battery.
    So in my case the key was no use!

Thread Information